I can't

Katie's pov
As soon as Mr. Trotta told me about Joey I didn't know what to do. My boyfriend is in a coma and who knows if he will ever wake up. I was still laying on the ground starring off into the distance , I couldn't even blink. 
I was numb.
" Katie" billy shook me.
I looked to him and saw his face.
His cheeks were wet. He has been crying.
" Katie, what's wrong?" Billy asked worried.
" Joey" I whispered. I can barley speak.
" what's wrong with Joey!! Is He ok? His not hurt is he? He is still alive right? Katie talk to me!" Billy freaked and was asking a million questions.
" billy shut up!!" I yelled in his face.
Billy looked at me like I had just killed his family. The sorrow in his eyes made me feel even worse and I didn't know that was possible.
" Joey his.. his..his" I couldn't get the words out I was in to much shock.
" His what Katie?" Brooke asked holding onto my hand.
The whole group was surrounding me by now.
" Joey his in a.....coma, we don't know if he will come out of it." I said not looking at any of them.
" well we should go to the hospital don't you think." Yogurt piped up.
" yea lets  go. We can get the dean to drive a few of us." Billy suggested.
" why don't you and Katie just go it's better that way. We can visit another time." Hank said
Billy went to ask the dean if he can take us to the hospital.
Billy came back to my spot and told me the dean will take us.
Billy picked me up off the ground bridal style and we walked to the car.
I buried my face into Billy's chest. I didn't want to see all the students staring at me.
I got in the car and laid in the back set.
I can't lose Joey I just got him!
We arrived at the hospital about half an hour later.
I fell asleep on the car ride and billy woke me up.
"Sorry I wasn't going to wake you" billy whispered.
He was trying to carry me inside without waking me ,but it didn't work.
We walked to the waiting room and billy set me down on a couch.
"Wait here I'm going to talk to the nurse ok." Billy said pushing the hair out if my face.
Billy walked toward the desk and asked the lady for joeys room number.
I sat in silence while the lady and billy talked. I haven't talked since I yelled at billy. I feel awful for it but I'm just to upset to even talk right now.
" the lady says Joey is in room 215" billy said, "we can't go in. She said she will get his dad to come and get us."
I just sat there not responding.
" I'm going to get a coke. I'll get you one to" billy said getting up and walking to the coke machine.
Albert walked into the waiting room.
He spotted billy and walked up to him.
They were chatting i couldn't hear  a word they were saying. But I know it was about me. Billy  sees that I'm not stable and I know he is worried.
They walked over to me and billy gave me my drink.
I saw that Mr. Trotta's eyes were puffy and red. His was crying. I smiled slightly it made me happy to know he cared for Joey.
Joey thought his dad never gave a shit about him. I knew now that  joey's dad loved him.
" hi Katie. How are you?" Mr. Trotta asked
I just nodded at him.
He gave me a weird look and looked at billy.
" let's just go see Joey." Billy said getting out of his chair.
Billy grabbed me and carried me to joeys room.
We got to room 215.
" we're here" Mr. Trotta said as he opened the hospital door.
When he opened that door he reveled a woman crying and Joey on the bed.
He looked like he was dead but sleeping at the same time.
Billy set me down next to the bed.
" hello William. How are you?" The crying lady asked. I assume it's joeys mom. I never really met joeys mom before just his dad.
" fine. Mrs. Trotta, this is my sister Katie" billy said pointing to me.
She smiled at me and I nodded back to her.
" you're  Katie?" She asked me.
I shook my head while I was looking down at Joey.
Tears began to form in my eyes. He was so pale yet so peaceful. He had tubes everywhere. He must have been hooked up to 5 machines at least.
" your very beautiful!" mrs. Trotta said to me.
" thanks" I said looking at Joey I can't take my eyes away from him. All I can picture is the last time I saw him.
I began to cry looking at Joey. I grabbed his hand and held it tight.
" come back Joey. I need you" I whispered to him.
I kissed his forehead. I lost myself in a puddle of tears.
" Katie it's ok." Billy said behind me rubbing my back.
" does this look ok to you?" I asked billy pointing to Joey.
I didn't leave Joey. I am going to stay in this room till he wakes up.

-------5 months later-----------
Katie's pov
I still haven't left the hospital. It's been 5 months since Joey was shoot. It gets harder every damn day. He hasn't waken up and doctors say they may have to pull the plug.
I have been diagnosed with depression about 2 months ago. I tried to take my life and was sent to the suicidal Ward.
They let me visit Joey everyday they say it's treatment and hope it will make me better.

-----flashback to sucide----
It has three months since Joey was shot and I can't take it.
The doctors are ok with me staying at the hospital.
Joey hasn't even made improvement and it's killing me.
I just can't take it anymore.
I had snuck a razor with me into the hospital bathroom.
I have been cutting recently and today might just be the day I take my life.
I walked to the hospital  bathroom were I take my showers. I cut my wrists deep. The blood was everywhere.

Billy's pov
I was going to visit my sister and Joey today.
Katie hasn't been the same and it kills me to see my baby sister so hurt.
I walked into joeys room and saw no Katie.
" that's weird."I said to myself.
Katie should be here.
I heard the shower on. Oh Katie must be in there I thought.
I waited for her to get out but it took a very long time.
I was worried, Katie has seizures sometimes and she maybe had one just now in the  shower. I decided to knock on the door and check on her.
" Katie, you ok in there?" I asked and no answer. That is strange Katie wouldn't not answer.
I tried to open the door but it was locked. Weird again she never locks the door when she showers.
I knocked harder and still no answer so I busted the door open.
I found Katie in the shower crying with her wrist cut wide open and deep. She was bleeding everywhere and pale as a ghost.
" I NEED A DOCTOR!!!"I yelled grabbing the towels and wrapping her up
I grabbed her out of the shower and she was passed out. I ran out into the hallway to find some help.
I found a nurse and she got Katie to a doctor right away.
Later I found out that I was 1 minute away from losing her due to blood loss.

------ end of flash back------
Katie pov
So that's it billy told me the whole story and how he saved my life. Billy is the reason I'm not going to kill myself again. I realized that I shouldn't leave him because he lost his best friend too.

Five months and Joey is still in a coma. I knows he doctors think he won't wake up but I have hope.
But sometimes I just can't take it.