1

Year 2065

People say it was all impossible. I, too, believed that it was just good luck to have him by my side.

I worked in Old Time's Newspaper company, keeping track with all the world wide news. And perhaps, all I could say is that the popular thing now is the famous One Direction band. I am not that type of fangirl. Listening and seeing them in magazines and newspaper this few days makes me feel sick. Well, I say, sometimes I wonder why fangirls are so crazy over them.

Until then, when I was taken by them.

I moved and strolled along the streets. My legs shuffled and the road was cleared. It was midnight already. I looked at my watch and said "text". Immediately, a 3D image of different messages with my friends appeared and I tapped on Jane's, and then said 'hi Jane I am going home now see you later bye'. The text was automatically written by itself while I was speaking. I smiled and then hover my hand over the watched. It locked.

Disco dens are still on going. Should I go get some drink? Well, I think, nah. It is enough for today. Maybe I just should--

My thoughts were interrupted. A bag covered my face and a rope strangled my neck. I kicked and shoved my arms to the back. But before I knew, it was blank.

^^^

But that was just yesterday. I squeeze my eyes tightly as I open my eyes. I felt a stinging pain in my neck. My hands slowly reached out and touch the area of where the pain was coming from. I stood up immediately. My hands froze. Where am I? I was confined in a bright room. Tight suits were hanging in the cabinet nearby.

I looked at the clothes I am wearing. They were changed into one of the black suits. A mark was sewn on the sleeve of the tight top. It shows a fierce eagle and a lightning bolt. Below it was my name- Vatris. I was puzzled. For a moment, I was wondering how they know my name.

I turned to my left and realised my belongings were placed on a small black table. My watch was lying beside my back. I picked it up, wanting to call Jane for help. But something inside me stopped me, like as though I was controlled. I opened up the contacts anyway and I found nothing. I stared at the blank 3D page. Suddenly, I felt insecure. I needed to escape from this place.

"You're shocked right?" I looked up. A familiar face appeared at the door. I picked up the pillow in fright.

"W-Who are you?" I asked. He chuckled and then looked into my innocent eyes.
"You don't know me?" He smiled and replied.

I looked away from his eyes and caught sight of his tattoo. It seemed familiar, like I have seen it somewhere.

"Well, then I guess I need to introduce myself. Hello, Vatris, I am Liam."

My eyes widened.

"Liam? Liam from One Direction?" I asked, my hands froze and waited for his answer.

He nods and then chuckled again.

"Why are you here? And where is this place."

"It's not so bad here although I am alone. Just treat this like a holiday though I never know when it would end. Well, bascially you, no, we have been hand picked by the boss here and we are forced to go through an experiment that they have prepared for humans to become stronger and safe the world. I have no idea how to." He walked closer to me and sat beside me.

I felt tense. Am I really sitting beside Liam from One Direction? I have no idea why but I felt nervous. My hands around the pillow squeeze tighter. I moved a little to the other side.

"Um... so what about One Direction?" I broke the awkward silence.

"Well, they sure be upset. Just that they would temporarily not go on world tours now because of me missing."

I slowly nodded. In my heart, I felt sorry and confused. I am not a fan of One Direction but why am I acting this way? Wake up, Vatris!

I looked at him again. He was looking at me already. Our eyes met and we spent a few seconds looking at each other eyes. I turned away after that and then asked, "Could you show me around?"

Liam stood up. "Why not?" He walked towards the door and slowly walked out, expecting me to follow. I looked at my watch on the wrist. The time now is 5.02am. I have been here for about 5 hours.

I am excited how it would be like to save the world. But, I have no idea how I am going to do this with Liam.