In Which Pete Gets Caught Saying Patrick Murders People For Hats.

Pete's absolutely convinced there's something up with his coworker and no he doesn't have a crush, like at all and he's definitely not fucking obsessed, fuck you Trohman.

This whole entire mess began when a certain man named Patrick Stump arrived a few weeks ago, transferring from his old department, for well, personal reasons and Pete's rather interested in finding out just what those reasons were.

He thought about asking Patrick himself, but he's not an idiot..Well he tries not to be.

Pete even tried to let it go, nonetheless he's a major snoop and he somehow finds himself sneaking around his work interrogating people about this cute, yet mysterious newbie, and okay, he's aware of the man's appearance and yeah, he's attractive, especially with that mouth, but of course y'know clearly not a crush.

Besides, the only knowledge Pete managed to collect was a name and the fact that the dude has an enormous appreciation for Bowie. In truth he doesn't really know why he's so curious or why he even cares, whatever it doesn't matter, he'll figure it out eventually, 'cause at the moment he's gotta deal with Joe and Brendon, who he actually calls close friends, granted they're kind of douche bags but he loves them all the same.

Well he would if they would stop ragging on him, and continuing to bang on about him being in denial and something else about if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass sooner or later Patrick's gonna be off the market, to which he asked "Okay, how'd you even know he's single?" and Joe replied "We have...connections." Connections? With who? Sally the woman who delivers the donuts? Fuckin' please.

Pete quirks an eyebrow, skeptical. "If you have connections, why don't you answer the little questions I actually want to know?" He asks, crossing his arms, a smug smirk curling upon his lips when no words erupt from the two nuisances. Joe sighs, laying his hand on Pete's desk to lean forward, "That's not the point, alright?" He growls, "You are in a complete state of denial."

Pete stares at the two, his expression hardening, before finally a full fledged glare envelopes his face.

"I'm not in denial, you're just delusional." He shakes his head, turning back to his desktop, to finish whatever work he was previously designated to do, faltering in his movements when he realizes he has literally no clue in what he was originally suppose to do, fuckin' fantastic.

"God damn it." He swears softly, making a hurried motion to sort through the stack of paper on top of his desk.

Brendon tilts his head, placing his hands on his hips, his normally frequent smile contorting into a frown.

"Why do you even care?" Brendon questions, "I mean, what does it matter what he came here for?"

"Kind of busy at the moment Brendon." Pete waves him off, "I already told you I'm not sure, he's just..suspicious?"

Pete's really not sure what it is about the guy that's so unusual, nothing much honestly, but Pete can't help but put up his guard every time he's around him, which kind of reminds him of what he does when he gets a c- No, he absolutely positively does not have a god damn crush.

"Suspicious? What do you think he does? Murder people with hats, and then snag 'em when he's finished?"

A disgruntled noise escapes the back of Pete's throat. "That would explain all of the hats though!"

"Pete for the love of-" Joe cuts himself off, eyes widening in horrified realization. Pete glances at him, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

"Uh." Brendon says, "Look." He lifts a finger pointing in the direction behind Pete.

Pete turns and his eyes lock with a another, well, the hat lover himself, who doesn't look too pleased if the scowl on his face is anything to judge by.

"Excuse me, but I don't murder people in my spare time, thank you very much." He hisses, eyes flashing..

"That's exactly what a murderer would say." Pete mutters, returning back to rummaging through his pile of files.

"Pete, oh my god." Joe says, clenching his eyes shut while bringing a hand up to his forehead.

Pete snaps his head up abruptly, squinting his eyes, he turns back to the man, "How'd you even know we were talking about you, huh? We didn't use a name."

"How many times do you think I get made fun daily for just the hat thing?" The man asks, rolling his eyes and his scowl deepening into a glower, Pete can practically feel the go fuck yourself vibes.

Pete shrugs, "Whatever hat man, care to tell us your real name?" He already knows it, yeah, but that would be pretty creepy to just all of a sudden announce, he knows his stalker tendencies are out of control, he's just not quite ready to accept it.

The man exhales loudly, as if telling his name is a huge burden on his everyday life..drama queen.

"It's Patrick." He says after a moment, "Now, I'd prefer Patrick to hat man, thanks."

Pete lets a wide grin form upon his face, "I mean, yeah we'll call you Patrick to your face."

"Excuse me?" Patrick seethes, voice sounding half an octave higher than before and his face flushing red from anger, spreading down to his neck.

Pete gives a snide smirk and snaps his fingers, "You're excused." Waving, he continues, "Goodbye fedora boy, don't come again."

Patrick stares at him, mouth agape, a second passes before he swiftly shuts it, Pete leans against his hand, grinning ever so slightly with just a pinch of smug.

"Fine, but this isn't over, mark my words..Peter." Patrick gives a dark smile and then proceeds to leave the room.

All three of them stare after him in silence, Brendon's the first one to break it. "Why'd he know your name?" He asks, scratching at his head lazily.

Pete narrows his eyes and huffs, "That's something I'd like to know." He says, giving a slight chuckle afterwards. "Maybe he's a stalker too."