Mother

Trista Pov

"Eren!" I call out. "Mikasa! Where are you!? Brother!"

Armin and I are pinned against a wall.

"Your brother and sister are nowhere to be found? That makes it much more interesting. Let's see if you can make it to the outside." Kaleb says, clutching Armin's shirt collar tighter.

"Leave Armin alone! He did nothing to you!" I reach out and my fist connects with his face and, even though I don't hit him hard, it leaves a small mark.

"Why you little . . .!" Kaleb growls, and one of his mates replaced his spot as he walks over and raises his hand to slap me.

I brac myself and--

Thud! I open my eyes, and see--

"Eren!" I call out. It's embarrassing that my twin has to save me, but he's nice about it.

"Trista! Are you okay?" He picks up the wood he threw, and Mikasa scares away Kaleb and his mates.

Armin falls to the concrete.

"Armin!" I rush to his aid, helping him up.

"I'm alright, Trista. Let's all just get to our homes."

I nod, and we all make it to our homes. Eren, Mikasa, and I had been carrying wood. I had went ahead of them, Eren had fell asleep against a tree.

Small flashback

"I will go ahead, an tell mom you are on your way." I smile.

"Be careful. Find Armin. He'll accompany you home." Mikasa smiles back.

"Alright!" I blush slightly. I've had a crush on the adorable blonde for a while now.

After a while

"Oh, Trista. I didn't expect to see you without Eren and Mikasa."

I turn to the familiar voice. I turn to see the blonde, holding the book about the outside world.

We talk as we walk along, and he tells me about what he has read.

That's when we run into Kaleb and his crew. They take the book and pin us to a wall.

To think we were that close to being beat up.

I'm just glad Eren and Mikasa made it when they did.

After a while

"Mom! We're back!" Eren and I yell.

Mikasa unloads her wood into the firewood box.

"Wow guys you got a lot!" Our mom says.

"Momma, Mikasa and I had to gather Eren's for him. He fell asleep." I say.

Eren pouts. "You ratted me out!"

"At least I did my share of the work!"

Mom looks at us and laughs. "You two are just . . . A handful."

After mom finishes dinner and we all begin eating, no one has spoken until Mikasa breaks the silence.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jaeger?"

"Mikasa, sweetie, you don't have to call us Mr. and Mrs. Jaeger. What is it?" Dad says, smiling slightly.

"Eren and Trista want to join the Scouting Legion."

Mom drops her fork, and Eren jumps up.

"We trusted you why did you rat us out!?"

I gulp, knowing our parents will react badly to this.