chapter 6

Mother comes in with something in with a bag,sneaks upstairs,I see mother,and without a word,I follow her.

I catch up to mother,I almost scare her with my following her,mother said "Cecilia why did you follow me". I said "I don't know,what are you doing"? Mother looks down "can you keep a secret?" "Yes". I said. Mother said "ok. It's your sister's birthday present." I gasp. I thought her birthday wasn't for another month. Mother said "oh no. in fact it's tomorrow".

I run to father,enter his office,and say "father tell me it isn't so tell me my sister's birthday is not tomorrow." I said. Father said "no it's true your sister's birthday is tomorrow,and I don't know what to get her". I faint cause I don't like my sister,and I don't want to be awake for her birthday.

Father comes over to me tries to shake me,he calls mother,mother comes running in,sees me on the floor,asks "what happened"? Father "I don't know,she just fainted when she found out about Elizabeth's birthday tomorrow".

Father looks at mother,father picks me up,carries me to my room. I'm still out cold from finding out my sister's birthday. Mother comes back in with a hot towel,puts the towel on my head,mother sits next to father they wait for me to wake up.