Chapter Seven

Harry

I tossed and turned in my bed. When sleep finally consumed me, the most unpleasant dream was bestowed upon me.

"Harry," Winter said. Her porcelain cheeks were tarnished with a thriving urge, painting her skin bright red. And I wanted, I needed, to know what was causing her thick lips to tremble and skin to cover with goose bumps. Her hair, although usually done neatly in a bun or ponytail, or in a knotted mess--there was no in between--was frizzed and manic, providing the perfect border to a chaotically beautiful painting.

What was going on? Where was I?

She closed the door behind her slowly.

"Did they hurt you?" she whispered as she walked over to me, only it wasn't me. I stood in the corner of the room, watching as she walked over to a different me, lying helplessly on the bed. "Are you okay?"

There was a weird and foreign feeling growing in the pit of my stomach--or lack of.

"I thought you were dead," the me on the bed said. He looked so dull, so empty. Dark circle's aged his youthfully pale skin and his voice was hoarse.

"No." She shook her head. "I'm right here."

"I," the other me started, wincing his eyes shut.

"Go on," she said. "I won't judge."

He bit his lip. "Why did you talk to him? You promised you wouldn't. You promised."

She traced her fingers down the other Harry's exposed arm. I wanted to shake off her. How dare she touch me with her murder capable hands. I knew she had a part in Rose's death and I refused to believe her innocent façade. "I'm sorry. I promise I did it for a good reason."

"Don't!" the other me yelled. I couldn't help but smile at the fear in her eyes. She deserved it. "I'm tired of people lying to me."

"And I'm tired of keeping secrets."

"Stop," the other Harry yelled. The veins on his neck bulged and his nose flared. "Stop being so pathetic, Winter. I never lied to you. I've always been open and honest with you. I treat you like a Queen—a Goddess! And how do you treat me? You go off with him."

She gulped and bit the inside of her cheek, looking at the ground. "I had to do it."

"No. Everyone has a choice. You chose to make me look like a fool. You chose to make me question my entire existence. I wanted to die." Tears streamed down her face. Soon there would be a river and hopefully, she would float away, or be submerged under the liquid until the world stopped. "It was all your fault."

I had no idea what she did, but I had no doubt in my mind that it was her fault.

"I did it for you."

"Just tell me," the other Harry said, ready to beg for the truth. "Please tell me if it ever happened. Did you and Mark..."

Her eyes widened. "What? No! Is that what you think of me?"

"Did I make it all up then?" he shouted. "I saw you and him together. I saw it, Winter. You cannot lie anymore."

She looked all around the room: the floor, the walls, the ceiling, the bed, but her eyes never met his. "I'm sorry."

"You should be," he seethed. "You're scum, Winter. Nothing but scum."

No. I shook my head. That person wasn't me. He was cruel and malicious. I would never treat someone that poorly. No matter how much suspicion I had for Winter, I would never treat her in such a condescending manner.

I turned around to face the wall. I couldn't look at that disgusting person who shared the same psychical features as me. He was a disgrace. I ran my hands through my hair over and over and over.

I had to get out.

"I said I'm sorry."

"I didn't mean it."

"I love you."

"Please, don't."

I couldn't take it anymore. I banged on the door so hard my fist became bruised and my body sweaty. "Let me out!"

"Stop it."

No.

"Please stop it."

"I'm so sorry."

It was getting to me. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't.

On the ground, I cradled myself back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. My breathing was heavy and my eyes bloodshot. "I need to get out. I need to get out. I need to get out. Get me out of here."

"You promised you would never hurt me."

"You told me you loved me."

I turned my head slightly, my hand covering my eyes. I didn't want to look at her but I couldn't sit here and look away.

Her eyes had become pink and swollen from the tears dropping down her face like a rainfall, wetting her white dress and turning everything in the room into a soggy and cold mess. His hand was gripped tightly around her arm.

"Help me!" I screamed. My hands thrashed on the door and the wall on the ground. "Get me out of here!"

I had returned to rocking myself like a baby, over, and over, and over until the voices quietened and stopped altogether. But still, I continued to rock myself and whispered, "Let me out of here. I want to go home. I need to go."

"Harry?" a voice sounded. "What are you doing on the floor? Why are you crying? Get up. Get up quick." I rose my head slightly as the person pulled me onto my feet. "She's coming now. You have to go back to you room."

Go back to my room?

I took a good look around. There was no bed. No small dark room. But I could see Rose's peeling white wooden chair near the window.

-----

Who is mad who is insane? 

Comment below your predictions and feelings about this chapter.