Chapter V

Cage's POV

I parked my jeep on the side of the road besides Rivers house. Her house was a good 15 minutes from my own house. It was a late school night, and I was bored at home. I climbed up a tree then jumped on to the roof. I pushed open her window and jumped into her dark room. River wasn't in here. I wandered out of her room down the stairs.

I loved their house. Coming here when I was a kid it felt like walking into a fairy tale. Their house wasn't really big, it was always just River and her mom. Their home was really cozy with a gypsy appeal to it. All the candles, planets and old vintage like furniture.

"Mama Moore!" I cheered happily as I found Rivers mom sitting in the kitchen drinking tea and reading some book.

"Oh Cage! You scared me! You know we have a front door right." She said looking at me with a smile. Her and River looked a lot alike. The blond hair and dark blue eyes.

"Yeah, yeah but it's much more fun to go through the window." I said with a smirk.

"Oh Cage." She said with a soft chuckle.

"Is River in her cave?" I asked as I noticed she wasn't in the room with her mom.

"She is." She said as she went back to her book. I walked myself over to the cave, which wasn't really a cave. It was the garage that River took over. It was her art studio kind of. I walked in to find River standing there in a white loose t shirt that had some paint on it. It was stretched and hung slightly over her shoulders. It hung over her small frame hitting mid-thigh. Her blonde hair was is a messy low bun that looked as if it might fall out at any moment. There was some indie folk music playing like always as she stood in front of a large canvas.

I loved this sight. River being carefree in her own little world. She seemed as if she was off somewhere else where no one could get to her. She looked like a goddess. She moved as if she was made of silk, every movement with a preciouses purpose.

River has been good at anything creative since preschool. Her mom always kept everything she made. Most of her work hung around the house and even my own house. My mom loved everything River painted. We had things from 1st grade to her work now. Now she was really good. She seemed to love to paint. From mimicking a natural thing to whatever abstract painting her mind would come up with.

I sat down on a high wooden stool as I watched her. She still hasn't noticed me. It was extremely bright in here, there's no light from the sunroof windows, there was a bunch of lights on. I could see every detail of River. She was beautiful. Everything about her was breathtaking. Her big blue green eyes that kept you in a trance. Her high cheekbones and her charming heart shaped face. There where slight freckles perfectly placed over her nose and cheeks that you can almost miss if you're not close enough. Her plump pink lips that were the outline of her amazing smile. She stood there with a curvy frame at probably 5'5 the highest.

She seemed like she was deep in her mind. She held she paint palette that held a lot of colors on it that were mixed and smeared. There were some paint marks on her pale face and a bunch on her hands and arms. She held a paint brush as she chewed on it. She was lost in her own mind, staring at every detail on the canvas before making her next move.

"How long have you been here?" She asked as she finally realized I was sitting there watching her paint.

"About twenty minutes?" I said still unsure of my own answer.

"Why are you watching me?" She asked as she smirked at me. Her eyes had this twinkle to them. Almost like they were hypnotizing me.

"Because I like to watch you when you paint." I said as I looked past her to her painting. It was amazing. It was an oil painting of the sea at storm. It looks almost real. Every shadow and stroke bringing it to life.