two

sad girl | lana del rey

♥♥♥

two 

sloan

Where am I?

I gasp and throw myself into a sitting position. My lungs are dry. But I don't feel thirsty. There's this sick feeling in my chest and throat. However, the movements were weird and off by a couple seconds. I didn't know this place. I'd never been here before.

I am in a room. In a very bright room and it was white all around me. There was a fast beeping sound and it was matching my heart beat. A heart monitor. I feel as though I am hyperventilating. I am on a white bed and in a white hospital gown. Just like my surroundings.

How long have I been here?

I looked to the side of me and I saw brown curls laid on the edge of the bed. I know I had seen them before.

"August?" I whispered. He raises his head slowly and I see black circles ringed on the bottom of his beautiful eyes. I don't understand what he's doing here.

August

People were coming in fast and needles were being put in and out of my arm. But they didn't seem to be real or matter.

I looked at August for an answer. His eyes were glazed over and his hand was caressing my cheek. I leaned into his touch. I felt this need for him to be close to me. I knew him. I knew him from somewhere. From somewhere before school. I had met him before.

I felt loved under his stare.

"Who are you?"

He didn't say anything for more than a few seconds. "You know who I am." Unlike me, his movements weren't slow or delayed. He seemed to know what he was doing and his movements were graceful.

He was purposeful. Which I admit scared me a bit.

"You know who I am."

He faded then and I gasped for a breath as if I was drowning then.

I was now awake. In my own room.

My hands trembled as I touched my forehead.

You know who I am