Chapter 26 Forgive me

A girl... A girl.. A girl a girl a girl a girl.... How... what... why.. 

I...

I don't....??

"Please state your name to the court and place one hand on the bible."

Deep breath.. Calm down calm down calm down cal-

"Ahem. Sir?" The judge gives me an annoyed look and i swallow my anxiety. 

"M-My name is Skylar Greyson." I stutter with an anxious flick of my hair to rid myself of the obscuring hairs in my eyes.

"Do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" 

"I..." I look to the boy in love with, standing at the back leaning against the wall. Then my eyes shift to the apparently innocent woman sitting on one side of the court with her expensive lawyer. With a gulp I move my eyes again to my grandfather's eyes, who's both angry and supportive, I can see it on his face. He's pissed I didn't tell him about everything until I was went to the cops that night. 

"Mr. Greyson?" The judge calls me back to earth and I manage to finish the oath with a shaking 'I do.' "The persecutor will now state their case, and approach the witness." The lawyer pressing charges nods and picks up a stack of papers.

"It is to our beliefs that Skylar Greyson aided and abetted the kidnapping of Tamaki Suoh, Kyoya Ootori, Hikaru Hitachiin, Kaoru Hitachiin, Mitsukuni Haninozuka, Takashi Morinozuka and Haruhi Fujioka. There is also evidence that he witnessed the murder of his father, Darrel Greyson."

"Objection, your Honor; Mr. Greyson's death was cleared by the DEA and police." 

The judge nodded and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Thank god I also had one of the best lawyers money could buy. As I was allowed to sit back down beside my lawyer I closed my eyes. Everything flew by my eyes of that night. It seemed ridiculous now, running out of the school and calling the police... I should have gone to them months before this...

It felt like I was going throw up an entire farm when I had to sit in the interrogation room and tell the whole story, I felt even worse when I had to look into the eyes of parents and tell them someone took their children because of me. That look of horror when I told my grandparents... I swallowed. I should have known. Tamaki had told me about her and how she had made his mother leave and had almost forced some marriage down his throat. But I never knew she was this meticulous. Hiring someone to grab the host club after drugging their tea. Harrassing me... Watching me with cameras... It made my skin crawl. 

Who knew Shizue Suoh was so damn scary. And Homophobic. 

Shizue Suoh was Tamaki's grandmother, the most powerful and influential person I had ever met and clearly the most cruel and evil. I remembered seeing the look on Tamaki's face when I found him, that guilt ridden look... that look of knowing something terrible. She'd taken them all to a warehouse just outside the city, and had me thinking that they were dead or worse that whole time. But they'd just been locked up and sitting there. And when we found them... God when the SWAT team found them the next day I expected to hear they were all dead. That it was all my fault...

At least one part was right. It was my fault. That was why I was sitting in this court room. Because I couldn't prove that I knew it was Shizue even though it all made sense. I'd met her a long time ago, when I was five. She'd muttered something about my druggie parents and I'd thrown my grape juice at her... embarrassed the woman and clearly made her hold a grudge. Not to mention when my parents' business slowly caught up to her own... And then I had to go and fall in love with her son's heir to the family... I'm a total idiot...

"The Court will take a short recess for a half hour." The words had me reeling back, my lawyer was sitting back down and telling me he had everything under control. I looked to him and told him again that it wasn't me. Of course he told me he believed me. But there was no evidence.

"Go clear your head kid." I nodded and slowly walked out of the courtroom, looking for the blond I'd seen at the door. But he wasn't there now. 

"He must hate me.." I whispered as I walked out of the courthouse and sat on the steps, holding my face in my hands. The witnesses were all testifying but all they could say was that my stalker took them; which would kind of help... but they'd never seen who'd taken them. Being rich didn't give you the best of alibis, not when you could hire someone to do it for you. 

As I drowned myself in a pool of wrenching self pity and contemplate what would happen now that my father was dead and my mother the owner of the company. I wish I could say that I missed him, that I loved him and we had at least one good memory. But there was nothing I could say, I could hardly make myself go to the funeral if it weren't for the media covering it. I'll admit I cried but somewhere deep down I think it was more out of relief than anything else. 

"Skylar." The voice made me look up with wary eyes. And bless the lord that I found the only pair I wanted to see. 

"Tamaki..." My voice was breathless and I never noticed when I'd started crying, only that I was finally getting a chance to hug him. "I miss you so much..." Tamaki just hugs back just as tightly, burying his face into my neck as we stand on the stairs outside the courthouse. "I.. You know I didn't do this.." I remind him, hoping he'll understand that I'm being framed, that I would never hurt him. 

"Of course I know that you idiot... I know that..." Tamaki assures me and when no one's looking he kisses my cheek. "I know you never did that..."

"Tamaki... you... you and I both know who did this..." The blond cut me off with a finger to my lips. 

"Just wait for the trail to end. Okay? Everything is going to be okay. I promise."

"You... Tamaki what are you going to do?!" 

With a peck on my lips and a quick goodbye, he went back inside without any more explanation. Just a smile and a "You'll see." before he slipped back inside. Little did I know until two hours later, when Tamaki was called to the stand, that he wasn't just testifying my innocence... But that the true culprit was his grandmother. Apparently the Ootori family's personal police force had investigated her records and it was found she'd paid off several millions to an offshore bank account. When it was declared that I wasn't guilty..... When I was handed back my freedom in that court room I broke down. 

Tears were falling and arms were embracing. It was over. Finally all this stupid... stupid shit was over. Shizue was arrested and taken into custody, but all I felt was my grandparent's arms hugging me and whispering calming words. Tamaki and I were safe... Everyone.... 

"Thank you..." I hiccuped to the lawyer, who just grins and pats my back before leaving to talk with my grandparents. 

"Is this good enough for a birthday present?" Tamaki asks, making me turn and look into his eyes. 

"Of course it is! I can't believe you remembered such a stupid thing during all this!" I laugh as I hug him as tightly as I can manage. "I love you so much... Tamaki.." I whisper in the safety of those perfect long arms. He offers his signature little chuckle and kisses the top of my head. 

"Now then... Let's go home..." He says gently to me, wiping my eyes with his thumb and kissing my lips softly. I just smile, leaning up on my toes for more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AU/N: Sorry for never updating... is this good? I know I haven't updated in like a year.... but I really want to wrap up this crappy whirlwind of a story... I'll be graduating this year of highschool so I wanted to finish this. I started it my freshman year... it's kind of a time machine, I mean WOW. just... just wow. 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I might do another chapter as a bonus but this is the end! thanks for reading. sorry that it's actually shitty :)  

🎉 You've finished reading Academy of the Snobs boy x boy (ouran highschool host club fanfiction) ON HOLD 🎉