Chapter three

His heart felt like it had sunk to the bottom of the deepest, thickest river of blood that he had ever had know, the being under the sheet caused the somewhat already broken male to break further. His left eye, once grey, now turned black and the iris a deep red.. Showing that he was the 'artificial one-eyed ghoul' that had been of all obsession months ago. The reason his ghoulish side had taken form, was because his heart was broken, so hurt that he could hardly begin to control his anger any longer, he now allowed his judgment to become clouded by sorrow.

"W..Why.. Why you.. of all people..." He muttered, his voice on the very verge of cracking with every word he manged to say without the stutter. His hands gripped into tight fists; so tight that his nails now peirced the palm of his hands, causing blood to fall to the pure white snow, that now had become defiled and bloodied. After a moment, he shakily reached out a hand to the peice of flesh that could once have been called a person, once been called a friend of the ghouls. His hand was met with flesh, cold as ice and dry to the touch, making the male cringe, his eyes travel to look at the flesh's face, or at least what was left of it. The face was a sight worse than death itself; the jaw was completely dislocated and bruised, the left cheek bone caved in clearly showing signs that it had been broken before death, the right eye was missing, where as the left eye was so mangled, torn to shreds with nerve ends and the split iris poking out from the flesh, it could hardly be described as being an eye anylonger. As for the body of the flesh, three quarters of it was missing, what remained was; a severed spinal cord reaching from the neck to the middle of the chest, a few ribs of the rib cage and a little amount of flesh that would have amounted to just about the chest of the flesh before death.

"W-Why.." Came the pained and muffled voice of the half ghoul, as he held onto a peice of flesh so tightly within his hand, holding it as close to his heart as he could. He knew that if Hinami was attacked and killed in such a violent way, then it would be only a mere matter of time before the one person he held dear since he was young, would be killed in such a cruel and violent way also. After all, it did make perfect sense. A good five minutes passed by, as the half-ghoul cried silently to himself, his eyes now stinging from the amount of tears that left them, though he was unsure if he even had that amount of tears to cry now.

"I..." The words he so desperately wanted to say, to speak were scorching, burning at the very back of his throat as he managed to finally make them out. He looked down at the peice of the flesh that he held within his hand, before he let go of it, watching it lay cold and blue against the white of the snow upon the ground.

"I'm.. so sorry.. Hide.."