Chapter 4

Chapter written by me (Q/WhisperingStars). This is seriously turning into a crackfic. I’ll get the other author @LucretiaDanger666 to write a little author’s note next chapter, for the people who haven’t met her. But until then, you have my rants and crackfics that somehow ended up in Dance With the Devil to read. Enjoy!

~Q

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Unexpectedly, Liam and Zayn both looked at Louis with an ‘I know you’re part of Harry’s apparent disappearance’ look.

“Guys, I’m being serious,” Louis said, slightly under pressure by the glares given at him. “One minute he was next to me as you and Zayn were arguing, then the next thing I know he’s no longer here...”

Liam shrugged.

“Oh, I’m sure he’s off to find some cats. No biggie.” He replied.

“Surprisingly, this is the first thing I’m going to agree with you one.” Zayn said.

“No biggie? NO BIGGIE? If he did go off to ‘find some cats’, why didn’t he tell us? MY HAZZABEAR COULD HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED! OR WORSE! AND ALL YOU CAN SAY IS CATS? CATS?”

He was going to go on for a lot longer, as he was incredibly annoyed with the attitudes of his band members, but his speech ended there because he realised Zayn and Liam were now next to Niall, once again fussing over the Irish boy like the way mothers over-reacted when their child had got their finger cut playing.

“FINE. I’m going off to find Harry myself!” Louis screamed at the three boys, and stormed out of the room.

“Louis, wait!” Niall exclaimed, running after him.

“Niall, wait! Your leg!” Liam shouted, and followed him.

“Liam, wait! Grr, always the one in between me and Niall.” Zayn said with clenched teeth. He too, ran after them.

Too bad there was no one to say “Zayn, wait!”. Poor Zayn. Don’t worry Zaynie, right now you’re supposed to have a girlfriend named Perrie who loves you very much, but we are twisted people, which is why you’re in this haunted house instead of having a lovely time with your girlfriend and your dog Hachi (you better not have disowned Boris).

When Niall finally caught up with Louis, he realised the Doncaster boy was nearly in tears because having a mental age of five meant he expected his Hazza to be in the first room he’d ran into, but of course, Harry wasn’t, hence the crying.

“Look what you’ve done!” Niall said furiously, pointing an angry finger at Liam who was huffing from the chase.

Then Zayn appeared behind Liam, thinking hahaha Payne. My Nialler’s telling YOU off.

“This is your fault too!” The finger was now pointing at Zayn. He swallowed a huge lump in his throat, feeling the pressure from his beloved. The war was not yet won.

“Louis, I sincerely apologize for what I said. Now let’s all go and find Harry, okay?” Liam said, turning to Louis.

Damn Payne! Beat me to it AGAIN! Zayn’s mood was getting worse and worse.

“Okay.” Louis said with a sniff.

“Zayn? You in?” Niall’s voice shook Zayn out of his payneful thoughts.

“Yeah. Of course!”

Deciding was pretty easy. With Niall’s bad leg now okay, they decided him and Louis would search upstairs, Zayn and Liam downstairs. However, this caused death-inviting glares from the downstairs team, making them switch to Liam and Niall on the same team, which made Zayn unhappy. When Zayn was told to switch with Liam, then vice versa. In the end, it was agreed Louis would search upstairs on his own, and Zayn, Liam and Niall would be the downstairs team. Although Louis was soon to find out, that upstairs was not somewhere to go unaccompanied...

As he climbed up the stairs, he thought he heard noises, like someone was whispering to him; he ignored them, too eager to find Harry. When he’d reached the top, things began to become strange. Harry and Louis were the ones that had first explored the house. There were clearly three rooms upstairs. But this time, Louis saw four closed doors, and a fifth door being the bathroom door, which was open. He was sure there were three rooms the first time he looked. Maybe he just remembered wrong.

“Harry? Where are you?” He softly called out. If this was the start of a game of hide and seek, Louis knew he was going to enjoy it very much.

He slowly opened the first door, waiting for a grinning Harry to jump out at him. The room was empty. Harry could still have been in the room though, Louis was going to give up hope. The checked the closet, behind the door, underneath the bed, even in the drawers of the table, in case Harry had left a note. He didn’t find anybody, and didn’t find anything.

Sighing, he walked out, ready to check the next room. The minute he’d closed the door, the voices from before on the stairs came back, louder. It sounded like...people...a lot of people chatting. Shaking his head frantically, afraid of the small chance that he could be mad, Louis quickly opened the door of the next room, to be greeted, not by another bed room, but something that looked like a large hall. Shocked, he quickly scanned his surroundings. He saw people dressed up in clothing that looked Victorian or even Edwardian. There were so many of them – Louis could estimate more than a hundred! How could they all fit into this house, never mind this room! Wait...how could a room he’d seen a mere few hours ago suddenly turn into a hall?

The people didn’t even seem to realise Louis’ presence. They carried on chatting, dancing, drinking, eating– two people even seemed to be arguing.

“Uhm...” Louis began. He wasn’t sure what to say.

“Sir Tomlinson!” He heard a woman say.

"How do you know my last na – “

Louis was cut off by another man running towards the woman, picking her up and swirling her in the air. Just as they were about to walk onto the dance floor, Louis decided that the man was probably the best person to ask, since they shared the same surname.

“Excuse me,” he said, walking behind the couple. He raised his hand to tap the man on the shoulder, but the man seemed to have heard him, and spun around, then laughed.

“Oh, what funny clothes you are wearing! You must be the joker we hired!” he said. The strange thing was that although they were in Nevada, the man had an English accent.

“Joker? This looks more like a peasant! How dare you talk to Sir Tomlinson?” The woman asked Louis.

" Err – you see, this sounds like a strange story, but I’m from the band on – “

“Out out out! I’m kind enough not to have you sent to the dungeons for intruding on our celebration!”

With that, he was pushed out of the room, the door closed right into his face.

Multiple questions rushed through his head as he ran down the stairs, desperate to find the other boys so they could find out what was going on. After getting kicked out by strange people, he definitely was not going to be going back by himself.

"You three need to listen! Long story short, I was upstairs and there were four rooms! In the second room, there was this massive hall people dressed up in weird clothing, one of them was calling the other Sir Tomlinson and then I got called a peasant and thrown out of the room!”

The three boys turned around to look at Louis, as though he was mad. Liam narrowed his eyes.

“Four rooms? Didn’t you say there were three when you and Harry last checked?” he inquired. “This isn’t another one of your pranks, is it?”

"No, I swear! Look, Harry’s still missing! Now seriously, we need to find out what’s going on!”

Before Liam could open his mouth to share his logic about how Louis was talking BS, Niall was already running up the stairs, shouting “That sounds like fun! Just what I need in this boring old house!”

When the boys had finally caught up with Niall, they all stared facing the rooms.

"Louis!” Niall exclaimed. “You tricked me! There are only three rooms.”

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Feel free to post your conspiracies on what just happened ;D