Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Harry’s POV

            I look up from my phone and see Natalie walking towards me. She looks beautiful; not too fancy or trashy. She’s perfect.

She saw me and smiled, flashing me her straight, white teeth. I automatically smiled in return.

            “Hey,” said Natalie.

            “Hi. Shall we be off?” I asked her, “We’re walking to the restaurant, it’s only about ten minutes from here.”

            “That’s fine.”

            At first we just walked in silence, feeling the breeze against our face. I have the start the conversation, right?

            I cleared my throat, “So… How do you like Australia?”

            “Oh it’s absolutely spectacular. I’ve only been here for one day and I love it.”

            That got the ball rolling. Before you know it, we were talking as if we were friends forever. Which I guess we were. Somewhat. Not really. Not at all. But whatever. We got to the restaurant and the waiter led us to the back towards the balcony, overlooking the beach. She then gave us our menus and left.

            “Everything sounds so good,” said Natalie, while looking through the menu.

            “Get anything you want,” I told her. I planned on making only one person pay for everything on this date, and it’s not going to be Nat.

            “You know what? You order for me,” she told me.

            “Alright. What’s the worst thing on here again?” I said jokingly.

            She laughed, but all of a sudden her smile vanished and her eyes grew wide.

            “Harold, give me the menu,” she said hurriedly.

            “Don’t call me that- Wait, what?”

            She snatched the menu out of my hands and made it stand upright, while quickly putting her Ray Bans on, trying not to lift her face. It was as if she was trying to hide herself from someone… But who?

Natalie’s POV

            I thought that absolutely nothing would go wrong tonight. Sure, it was a bit awkward at first, but soon everything was going smooth. But of course, the world hates seeing me happy and likes to ruin everything. Everything was going perfect; the restaurant was perfect, the weather was perfect, and Harry was perfect. It was flawless, until I saw two people walk in: Sydney and Taylor. Shit. Shit fuck shit fuck fuck balls shit.

            Why the hell are they here? See, this is why we can’t have nice things. Will they notice me? This menu is pretty big. What am I talking about, of course they’ll notice me. Oh fuck, they’re walking towards me. Act natural.