The Dive

"Hey Linsey, where is Joseph?"  Joseph is our little brother. He should be home by now, he is only a year older than Meredith. Normally they walk home together.                                                                            "He was on the dock skipping rocks but I kicked him out because we were diving."      I nod and sit down on the lawn furniture.   " Come on Meredith, lets go learn how to dive."  Meredith looks at me and says, "Can you dive first.?" I giggle and say, "Anything you wish, your majesty." I stand up and pull off my shirt. I'm not the skinniest but I still wear a bikini.  "Excuse me."  I mumble in a weird voice. They step off the dock. I sprint jump and dive. 

        I come up to the sound off applause.  "Now you linsey, you dive!" Meredith giggles.  Linsey stepped on to the edge of the dock.     She jumped and did a dive straight down. "Ouch." I say because it's only 6 feet.  Meredith giggles and says, "That wasn't a good dive."

       After about 30 seconds I start to get worried, "Linsey? This isn't funny. If your playing a joke then it's not funny." Another 10 seconds pass so I jump in. I go underwater and find Linsey unconscious her head is next to a rock and her hand is stuck in muck. I pull her hand out of the muck and wrap my arms around her stomach. I pull both of us up. I use all of my strength to pull Linsey up the ladder with me. "Meredith I need you to grab my phone." I say as I haul Linsey onto the dock. Meredith hands me my phone. I dial 911, "Meredith, get my towel." she hands me the towel as I hear, "911 what's your emergency?" I wrap the towel around her head. "My sister she hit her head while diving she's unconscious, she's bleeding really bad. I put a towel on the wound and I'm already applying pressure."     "Okay, that's good honey can you tell me your name?" I respond, "Autumn Sunders. My sisters name is Linsey Sunders." "Okay, Autumn do you have  a car available?" I nod, even though she can't see me. "Yeah, yeah i do." "Okay honey, I'm gonna have people ready for you at the hospital, it will be faster for you to drive there, than it will for the ambulance." "Okay thank you." I hang up. I look at Meredith. "Sweetie, go get Linsey's car keys, and tell Joseph to get in the car. I'll be right there." She runs inside. I Baby cradle Linsey, still holding the towel on her head i run through the house and get her in the passengers seat. "Joe, hold this towel against her head." He leans up and holds it. I start out of the garage.