Chapter 16

***Before I start, I'm going to ask you to prepare yourself becasue the feels may be too much for you to handle. I'm sorry but I may have gone a little too far this time so I'd like to apologize beforehand. Okay, enjoy! 

Calypso

That morning, I woke up to an empty bed, not an uncommon thing. Slowly, I crawled out of bed. Once dressed, I walked to breakfast. Piper, Frank, Leo, Thalia and Jason were all already there laughing and joking around. 

I went and sat down next to Leo and Frank. The sidetable flew over, bringing me a plate of scrambled eggs. "Thank you" I said, patting it like a dog. The table shook as if wagging a tail. I chuckled. 

"So, where are we today?" I asked. Leo checked his watch. "We should be in the middle of the Pacific. Russia is in another 3 hours or so" he said digging in to his stack of at least 20 pancakes.

Suddenly, a loud creak came from the roof. Within seconds, everyone stood up, armed and ready to attack. "It's coming from the top deck" whispered Jason. "Piper, Leo, on me. Thalia take Calypso and Jason" whispered Frank. 

We all nodded, I took my throwing knives out and followed Thalia down the south hall. Piper held her daggar up, reveiling at least 20 harpies sworming the deck. They would swoop down and attack, trashing the top deck, breaking and throwing things. They were armed with spears and knives. 

"Great" Piper muttered as we continued to make our way up there. Upon reaching the top deck, Thalia wipped out her bow before kicking down the door (completely unnecessary by the way). "Go!" she cried as she slung back 3 arrows at once, killing 4 harpies. 

I threw my first knife, sending it straight through the head of a harpie, reducing it to dust. I turned, sending another knife through the shoulder of another while picking up the previous knife. 

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain coming from my chest. I looked down and saw a spear head going right through my chest. I gasp, falling to my knees. I felt warm blood fill my mouth, I spit it out onto the ground in front of me. 

"Calypso!" cried Leo. I looked up and saw him running towards me. My vision began to blur and suddenly my body went numb. I fell to my side. I felt warm arms catch me before I hit the ground. "Leo" I murmured. I looked up and saw him, there were tears in his eyes but I didn't understand why, I didn't understand anything. 

"Gods no" he said, falling to his own knees, holding me closer. "Oh, chin up good looking" I choked out. Leo gave me a sad smile. "Hang on, you're going to be okay, just hang on" he pleaded. "No Leo, I'm not. You know this. Go home, that girl that you've been with, go to her. I forgive you" I said, reaching up, touching his cheek. 

"No, please no. Don't leave me. I love you" he said, sobbing. "Our love ran our long ago but thats okay" I said. I could feel myself slipping away, I knew it was only a matter of time. 

"I'll see you in another life but make this life a good one" I said. I was suddenly very tired, I was bleeding out, there was nothing I could do. There was no use to fight it and eventually I succumbed to my fate. It all faded away, the camp, my island, Leo, everything, it all went away and I was left alone. Always alone. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Leo

We went home after Calypso died. Chiron decide it was best to send another team to Russia. My friends tired to comfort me but I didn't want nor needed it. 

Thalia stopped by every now and again. She'd quit the hunters when we got home, just like she had said she would. She was good, she didn't pressure me or anything. She comforted me when she could, she would brinng over food. 

She was staying at Jason's, I had offered her to stay with me since she was her most of the time anyways but she said that now wasn't the time and I suppose she was right. 

I still couldn't go to our bedroom, it was our place and even though there were bad times, there was just as many good times. I couldn't bring myself to go up their alone. 

Thinking about Calypso made me angry. I was angry at myself and ashamed. The way I see it, when people die, it only proves just how selfish humans are. We grieve because that person is no longer around to provide us with what they had when they were alive. 

***Short chapter. I can't imagine the hate I'll be getting after this bit but thats okay. I guess I should tell you that I ship Thaleo more than I ship Caleo. The title is pretty misleading though, sucks to be you guys! Tell me what you think of Calypso and her death in the comments, I'm sure I'm just going to laugh at your pain because I am a terrible human being. I love you little demigods, I really do. -Izzy