0.1

to ashton: where tf are u?

to talia: just leaving I'll be there in 10

to ashton: 10 what, hours?

to talia: stfu

to ashton: na im good :--)

------------

"finally!" talia chuckles as she pulls open her front door to reveal her best friend, wearing a tight purple shirt and three-quarter length, skin-tight jeans.

"jeez, sorry." he rolls his eyes as he enters the hall way, kicking off his low-top converse and following talia into the kitchen.

"where even were you anyway?"

"band practice." ashton states, stealing half of talia's cheese toastie, resulting in a groan from her and a yelp of pain from himself.

"what, for swallow the-"

"we don't talk about that band. you know that." he butts in, interrupting her sentence and train of thought at the same time.

" what band then? you never told me about a new band."

"not my fault you were in new zealand for a month, is it?" ashton smirks, gently nudging her with his elbow.

"what band then?"

"i don't know, they're not very serious. they call themselves 5 seconds of summer, they post a lot of covers on youtube."

"you're going to be in 5 seconds of summer? omg!" talia exclaims.

"you've heard of them?" he rises an eyebrow in surprise.

"no, i was kidding. sense of humour bypass, geez." she grins before going upstairs.

ashton just stands there for a moment, not knowing if he was meant to follow his enigmatic best friend.

to ashton: are you coming or what

to talia: fgs talia give me a break

to ashton: naaaa im good

***

So this first part sucks balls.

It will get better I swear, already planned out the plot outline n stuff:-)

Idea credit goes to mcilfford, you should definitely check out her story 'Plot Twist' bc it is one of my favourite fics and its so good omg