14. I Deserve These Sweatpants and This Baggy Shirt

Chapter 14: I Deserve These Sweatpants and This Baggy Shirt

"So, do you work?" Mr. Miller asks.

"Yes. I work in the community park as Rapunzel."

"And what do you do as Rapunzel?"

"Seeing a Disney Princess lifts the spirits of kids, so sometimes I talk to them about their feelings, or I play with them, whatever makes them happy."

"So you're good with kids I assume?" What the hell is this? A job interview?

I reply politely. "Yes. I love being around kids."

"You know Feelings Hour? Vanessa is Rapunzel during Feelings Hour." Lisa said to her husband. "Chloe met her just the other day."

"Really? That's great! Now you know the whole family!" He exclaimed. I laugh.

"Where do you plan on going to college?" Does every parent only care about school and college? God!

"Yale." I answer proudly.

"Right! Jake said you wanted to major in Music. There aren't many jobs in music though. You might not make enough money."

"Well--" I start.

"Music is a very hard industry to get into. You have to be the best of the best to make lots of money. Are you sure you want to take that risk?"

"I--" I'm interrupted again.

"Dad!" Jake yells. "Let her major in whatever she wants to major in! I'm sure she knows the risk or she wouldn't be doing it."

Mr. Miller asked Carly the same questions. Let's just say the rest of the night was kind of awkward.

~*~

"Sorry about my dad. He thinks it's his job to get in everyone's business."

"It's fine. I told my mom that you were gay, so..."

"Ya. Why didn't you tell her I was your boyfriend?" He looked a little hurt. I felt so bad.

"With my mom, you have to ease into things. I can't abruptly say that I have a boyfriend or else she will get super protective and prevent you from ever seeing me ever again. I know, because she did that to my older sister."

"Oh. At least tell her I'm not gay."

"I will." I chuckle. "Eventually." I mumble.

"Goodnight!"

"Goodnight." I give him a quick kiss and head back to my cabin.

~*~

"So, who's your favorite Disney Princess?" I ask Chloe.

I'm sitting in her room in one of the cabins. She has pink walls decorated with princesses and has a little tea table. I'm sitting in a tiny chair with a tiara on my head and a ball gown on the rest of me. She sat across from me with a similar dress on but in a much smaller size.

"My favorite princess is Rapunzel!"

"Mine too!" I exclaim.

"You're Rapunzel from the park! I visit you sometimes."

"I know." I giggle. "How did you have a dress in my size?" I ask.

"It was Crystal's." She said, smiling.

"Who's Crystal?" I ask, curious.

"She used to be Jake's girlfriend. She moved away."

"Oh." An ex. Of course. "So, tell me about Crystal."

"She was really nice. She played Princess with me all the time! We went to the park together too! She really liked Jake, but then she had to move away." She looked sad.

"Crystal King?"

"Ya! Do you know her?"

Crystal King was a cheerleader at a different high school. Her school was usually the team we were playing against for football. She was always really nice to everyone no matter what team they were rooting for. People described her as the perfect person. I never knew her personally, but she sounded pretty much perfect. She was good at everything she did and never hurt a single person, emotionally or physically.

"No, I never knew her, but she seemed really nice." She's going to be really hard to measure up to.

"She was. So, Jake said you're really pretty." She giggles.

"He did now?" I say surprised.

"Ya. He also said that you were really nice and can't wait to take you out again."

"And he told you all of this?" I smile.

"Kind of." I laugh.

"He said that you looked really pretty last night. And your eyes sparkled like the stars. Whatever that means."

"Thank you for telling me. It's not good to keep secrets like that." I tease.

Knock Knock!

"Hey girls. Start packing, we're leaving in an hour." He looks at my dress. Sadness flashes through his eyes but is immediately replaced with a smirk. "Sparkly. Very sparkly."

"Some might say it sparkles like my eyes." I smirk.

"What?" He then realizes the connection. "Who--"

"Well, I have to go pack! Bye!" I smile and leave the room.

"Chloe." I hear him growl. I laugh and walk back to my cabin.

~*~

"Ugg slippers? Really? You're not even going to make an effort?" Carly says in disgust.

"I'm sore. The dress was like a corset at the top, so it squished my rib cage and she had me pull my hair into a sleek bun for the tiara. I deserve these sweatpants and this baggy shirt."

"Couldn't you at least put on some makeup and fix your hair?"

"Fine. A little makeup."

I put on a little makeup and put my hair in a messy bun.

"There. Now you look.."she hesitates. "presentable." I laugh and grab my suitcase to zip it up. I drag it out the door and Carly follows behind me.

Jake and James stand by the lake with their luggage.

"Wow. You look..." Jake also hesitates. "Great." He forces a smile. I chuckle.

"I know I look like crap, thank you very much. You can thank your sister for this." I gesture to my outfit. "The dress she made me wear almost squeezed my bones out of my body." He laughs.

"Ready to go?" James asks. We nod and get in the car as the Miller parents leave the parking lot.

"Wow." I say once we get in the car. "They were in a rush to leave this place."

"Ya. If we leave Chloe in the car for too long, she jumps out and unpacks her stuff to stay longer." Jake answers.

"Can stop by a McDonald's or something? I'm craving fries." Carly says.

"Ya. I really need a burger. Im starving." James says.

"We has breakfast at the guest house. Why didn't you eat?" Jake points out.

"No offense, but your parents are such healthy people. They had oatmeal. That's not my style." James answers, trying to sound cool. Carly snickers beside me.

I TOTALLY ship them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

Hi! Srry I haven't updated in a while! I had the busiest month! Anyways, I'll try to move the story along a little more. Please comment your thoughts and any feedback!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! Share with your friends!

Luv ya!

~Ish