Making up

Jason's pov

I'm getting ready to go onstage when Luke passes by. "Hey Luke, buddy, we need to talk." I say, stopping him. He sighs and glares at the ground. "What did you get so mad about?" "The fact that you ain't my right hand man anymore." He says, crossing his arms. "What are you talking about? Of course I am. You're my bro!" I gasp, shocked. "Whatever. I've got to go on." He says. "Wait Luke are we cool?" He sighs. "I don't know." He pulls out of my grasp. Ugh. What do I do? Why is he mad at me? I wish he'd at least talk to me. I sit on the couch bummed and confused as he goes onstage. Tyler walks backstage after performing. "Hey Jason you look upset." He says, sitting beside me. "I am T. Luke's pissed at me and I don't know why or what to do!" He laughs. "Luke's not mad at you! He's jealous of your girlfriend." He says. "Jealous? Why would Luke be jealous?!" I gape even more shocked than before. "You're spending so much time with Miranda that you don't have any time for him and he's being a jealous little baby. It's hilarious if you ask me." "It ain't hilarious to me. I've gotta make this right." I grab a mic and walk onto the stage. He stops singing confused. I smile. "This is a song about best friends." Tyler watches from backstage. "Luke Bryan was a boy I knew since I moved to Nashville and he did too. Booked gigs just two little bars down from me. The only two crazy rednecks on our family tree, kinda ripened and rotted in our puberty. 2 kindred spirits bound by destiny. Well I was smart but I lacked ambition and Luke was wild with no inabition. It was about like mixin' fire and gasoline. And he said hey romeo, let's go down to Mexico, chase senioritas drink ourselves silly, show them Mexican girls a couple real hillbillies." I get through my version of Blake's playboys of the southwestern world. I walk over. "We're still best friends. Temporary tourin' buddies." I finish. "Wow, that was awesome Jay!" He gasps. "We're still best friends right?" He smiles. "The best." He says, clasping my hand. When he pulls back, the wristband is in his hand. I smile. He smiles and we sing we rode in trucks together.

*later*

"Hey, you comin' cowboy?" My girlfriend shouts. I glance at Luke. He glares at her annoyed. "Actually baby, me and Luke are gonna hit the bars. Ain't that right, buddy?" I say, playfully punching his shoulder. He rubs it and smiles. "Count me in." He says. I'm taking a real gamble here. I could lose my girl. But no girl is worth losing my best friend. I don't know what I woulda done if he stopped being my friend. "Next time bud, tell me ya feel this way." I say. "Okay." We get to the bar and drink the night away.