Chapter Seven

Skystar sliced the air with her claws to show Glowshine and Doefall what would happen.

"We'll have two small patrols composed of four warriors flanking either side of AirClan camp. Then, if we need reinforcements, I'll wave my tail three times as the signal for them to come and help out."

"Brilliant plan, Skystar," Doefall mewed meekly, still upset from the events that had happened before. "We'll be sure to win."

"Doefall, you'll stay in camp to guard it with several other warriors, and Glowshine, stay and protect the other kits in the nursery," Skystar said strongly, unaware that Doefall had gone livid. Doefall, who was the deputy, had wanted to stay and fight. One out of three candidates to be the deputy, she enjoyed her position in DewClan life.

"Yes - Skystar," growled Doefall. "I'll be sure that my sister, Deerleap, and I take care of the camp well. Deerleap is staying, correct?"

"Precisely," Skystar purred. "Including Glowshine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have matters to attend to." She dashed like the wind out of her den, and leaped lightly onto the Dew Drop. She licked her underbelly that was snow, and then groomed her paws.

"All cats old enough to swim gather around the Dew Drop for a Clan meeting!"

Lithe shapes appeared from everywhere, murmuring about the meeting, which was uncalled for.

"Today, we are attacking AirClan! Yesterday, Wormykit was taken by AirClan! Although he doesn't look as handsome as you might think, he is still a DewClan cat through and through," Skystar shouted. "I want the following warriors to come: Oakwhisper, Fernfeather, Kestrelwing, Skyjumper, Pinelark, Squirrelbush, Mouserunner, and Snowdusk! The rest of you, stay and protect the camp! We are leaving now, so quickly grab a piece of prey!"

There was a flurry that was a fast whirlwind, and the sound of chewing resounded throughout DewClan. Skystar and her group of warriors began to march out of camp, their heads and tails little trees high up in the sky.

When the wood began to change from gently sloping hills to towering trees, Skystar motioned Kestrelwing to start to take half of the patrol to the left and Oakwhisper to take the other half to the right.

"Now, the plan is that we kindly ask for Wormykit to be taken back home. If they refuse, we attack. During the battle, Mouserunner will dash into the nursery and take the kit. He will then run all the way back to DewClan. Any questions?" Skystar inquired. Nobody answered. "Good. Now, DewClan, onward!"

Walking cats filled the full forest, and the army stopped to a halt in front of the AirClan camp. Before leaving camp, they had all eaten and were full.

"What do you want?" hissed Tailfeather, hostile.

"We want our kit back," Skystar gently mewed. "Take us to Quailstar."

Tailfeather, who was the deputy, grudgingly agreed. Before the battle, he had been happily eating a piece of prey and was disappointed to have to attack DewClan.

"Quailstar!" he yowled, "DewClan is here!"

A brown she-cat with a gray stripe running down her back appeared, and dipped her head respectfully.

"Skystar," said Quailstar coolly, "how nice to see you."

"Give us Wormykit back," growled Skystar.

"I'm sorry, but AirClan needs more warriors. I'm afraid your little kit is ours. And we won't go without a fight. AirClan, attack!" Quailstar hollered. "Protect the nursery at all costs!"

Skystar snarled, a snake. "DewClan, attack!" The two tall leaders launched themselves at each other, lips curled back, baring their teeth. "Have you gone mad, Quailstar? You're a disgrace and a menace to the society! Stealing a mere kit?"

"Oh, fox-dung," the AirClan leader mewed lightly, "I saw that kit. He was not good-looking, but looked mistreated. Fair much? AirClan will take care of him well. Wormykit, you call him? I think we'll rename him... Quailkit, in honor of me, the great leader of AirClan."

"Fox-heart!" Skystar said, her eyes two wide moons. "AirClan will pay! Kestrelwing! Oakwhisper! Go!" She swiped at Quailstar's eager eyes, then ran off.

Mouserunner, who disliked Wormykit, was sitting outside of the battle doing nothing to save poor Wormykit.

"Mouserunner!" Skystar yowled, her eyes blazing with fury, "go and save Wormykit!"

"Sorry, Skystar, but I'm not," drawled Mouserunner lazily. "We should just leave the kit here. He's no use!"

"Fine! I'll just go and get him myself!" Skystar huffed, steam coming out of her ears like fire. "You can just go back to camp! I'll deal with you later!" She stormed off, padding into the midst of the raging storm that was a battle. One out of four great leaders, she was determined to win.

Skystar slowly scuttled along the outskirts of the camp until she saw the nursery, she creeped in to find a young queen attacking Wormykit ferociously.

"You ugly, ugly kit! I hate you! You're the most terrible-" But the pretty cream colored she-cat didn't get any further for her insults because, just then, a huge lump of fur landed on her.

"Take that back!" Skystar spat, clawing her face. "You stupid queen! I'll scar you for life!" She slashed the queen's flank, causing her to howl in pain. "Shut up!"

"Rabbitecho! Help me!" the cream cat wailed. "The kits!" She started sobbing when Skystar slashed her stomach. "Rabbitecho!"

"Fairfur! I'm coming!" the terrible tom screeched. "Hang on!" But even a wild warrior like Rabbitecho was no match for a leader such as Skystar. With a simple swipe, he was flung into the air, leaving Fairfur to wail.

"I said be quiet!" The queen snapped her mouth shut after that. Skystar scratched her belly, then flew down like a bird and savagely bit her victim at the aforementioned place. "I hope all your kits die!" She then clawed at her stomach once more, then snarled, and snapped down again at her underbelly.

"No!" Fairfur screeched, "The kits!" She weakly attempted like a piece of dead prey to claw at Skystar, but instead, got a slash to the face. "You'll pay, you piece of fox-dung!"

Skystar, who had gray tabby fur, just nonchalantly picked up Wormykit by the scuff and ran off. "Shut up, you good-for-nothing queen."

[]|[]|[]|[]|[]
I am so sorry guys, that this chapter took like two weeks to update! I had writer's block, and was so lazy! Please forgive me! <.> This chapter is dedicated to none other than FallingSkies89 for being a wonderful friend! (You're mentioned on my profile by the way.) Okay, next chapter will try to be updated as fast as possible! Thanks you guys! Especially -Camo-!

Jay ^.^

P.S. Since I love Skystar, you better like her too! -_-