yellow

yellow was their colour behind closed doors.

the colour of sunshine and the stupid hat of harry's that louis always said he hated.

yellow was their freedom of speech and freedom of love. it was laughter at 3am and kisses in the morning.

yellow was their first flat together. yellow was the dodgy heating and stained carpets. the colour of over crowded parties and days spent cleaning.

yellow was smiley faces drawn in foggy windows. post it notes on pillows and messages in the bathroom mirror. it was grease sing alongs and breakfast in bed.

yellow was silly kitchen dancing at 1am. yellow was conversations with no words and inside jokes. it was knowing each other's movements and what all the looks meant. the understanding of raised eyebrows and rolling eyes.

yellow was sunbathing in the garden and eating until their stomachs burst. yellow was seeing the bond of their mothers and sisters. yellow was the fond eye rolls of friends and families.

it was kisses at parties, kisses at night and kisses in the morning. yellow was linked pinkies and hands around waists.

it was the colour of matching tattoos and planned out futures. yellow was the colour of house hunting and food shopping. yellow was garden lights and possible pets.

the colour of the sun in america and the street lights in england. yellow like harry's swim shorts that louis adored and yellow like the shirt harry bought louis because he thought it would look nice.

no matter what happened yellow would always be the colour of their memories together. it would always be the colour of movies and cuddles. the colour of many hair braiding attempts and uncountable kisses to cheeks and hands and foreheads.

when harry had louis and louis had harry they were yellow.