One Look and I Know

Soulmate AU Where you can see every color except the color of your soulmates eyes. The first time you see the color is when you look into their eyes for the first time.

A/N I also posted this on 5hfanfiction

"Okay," the 5 year old huffed, "For the last time, when you mix blue and yellow you end up with-"

"Grey! It's grey China!" Camila said, throwing her hands in the air. "Your dress is grey, just like the grass and the leaves on trees!"

It was the first day of kindergarten for the two girls. Upon arrival to the school Camila complimented her best friend Dinah on her green, or as she sees is, grey, dress.

"Karla. My dress is green." Dinah says, looking down at the shorter girl.

"What's green?" Camila asked.

"How do you not know what green is?! My dress is green! Grey is the color of your eyes Chanch!" Dinah grabbed the hand of the girl who was walking by them, startling her.

"What's your name?" Dinah asked.

"A-Allyson," the girl said, a terrified look on her face.

"Ally, what color is my dress?"

"Green, why?" the small child replied.

"What is this green you guys talk about?!" Camila asked, annoyed.

"Excuse me, girls, is everything okay?" Miss Swift, the kindergarten teacher asked, noticing all the yelling coming from the trio.

"Tell Camila my dress is green and not grey!" Dinah yelled.

"What on earth is green?" Camila yelled back.

Miss Swift glanced from Dinah to Camila. It dawned on her that perhaps their parents haven't told them the story about meeting their soul mate.

"Is there something wrong with me?" Camila sniffed, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Oh sweetie no," Miss Swift cooed, kneeling so she can get to Camila's height. "That just means your soulmate's eyes are green,"

"What's a soulmate?" Ally asked, wide eyes looking at her teacher curiously.

"I think that's the thing you yell out when you play checkers," Dinah said.

Miss Swift sighed, "No honey, that's checkmate, and you say it when you play chess." Miss Swift looked at the three children who eyed her curiously. "A soulmate is the person you are meant to be with, your other half. They're your best friend, and most people usually end up marrying them," Miss Swift explained.

"But Dinah is my best friend but I don't want to marry her," Camila pouted.

"I don't think Dinah is your soulmate, sweetheart,"

"Miss Swift, have you met your soulmate yet?" Ally asked in awe.

Miss Swift smiled to herself, "Yes. I have. And before I met Karlie I couldn't see green either, like Camila. What I saw instead of green was grey and black."

"Like how the sky is grey?" Ally had her mouth wide open, covering it with her hands and looking up at the sky.

Miss Swift looked down at her sympathetically. "Allyson, the sky is blue, but that means that your soulmate's eyes are blue, isn't that exciting?"

"But Miss Swift, why are we like this?" Dinah asked.

"It's an old folk tale that people believe in. Some people don't believe in it, but hopeless romantics like me believe in it. But it happened to me, and I am going to marry my soulmate in a few short months," Miss Swift smiled.