Chapter 1

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new book. Whatever happens on this book please don't judge me for it. Some content in this book may be suggestions from friends and all content in this book is required to shape the characters as who they are. I apologise in advance.

----------------------/

Lucy's POV

Darkness... cold...freezing cold. I bit my lip as i walked along the path with my mother. My grip on her hand tightened as freezing cold breeze stung my face, i continued to walked along with my eyes squeezed shut as tight as i could get them.

My mother pulled gently on my arm, "Lucy dear open your eyes" her soft caring voice filled my ears, to me her voice always sounded like a lullaby because whenever she spoke i could have easily fell asleep.

I opened my eyes with hesitation to see our house had come into view, oh how i couldn't wait to get inside into the warm rooms of my double story home.

We stepped up the wooded stairs that led to the front veranda, i stepped onto its wooden board planks. Letting go of my mother's hand i walked over to the right of the front door, took off my shoes and placed them on a wooden shoe rack.

Mum opened the double white, glass door, immediately warm air hit my freezing cold face, i smiled at the feeling. "How are my two favorite girls?" My father walked over to us his tan skin, short black hair and his unusual dark green eyes, making up the father I loved.

"Hey honey" my mum said warmly, while giving him a tight hug. She let go, walked away and so my father turned to me with a huge smile. I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Oh Lucy, you always seem to grow," my dad said admiringly. I looked up at him and chuckled softly.

"But dad we were only gone for a few hours." i stated.

Dad continued to smile, "true but to me it felt like weeks," his face softened and he pulled me closer to his body. However the happy family i was in didn't stay like that for long.

I jumped awake to screaming and yelling, sitting up alert in my double bed i looked around my dark room slightly startled.

I got up out of bed and walked along my carpet floor, opened my door and silently walked along the wooden floor boards and stopped when i reached the edge of the stairs.

I sat down and listened intently, "what do you mean you don't know!" Mum screamed at Dad

"I don't have to explain myself to you!" he yelled back at her.

Continuous yelling and screaming filled the usually silent house. I ran back into my room, got back into bed and lied on my side with my hands over my ears trying to block out the noise.

After a good 30 minutes of arguing, i heard a door slam and a car engine start, then the sound of car tyre's ripping at the road.

Cold wet tears started to spill from my eyes, i didn't bother wiping them away. Instead i closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep, dreading tomorrow as i had too go to school.

Next day at school, i couldn't concentrate on anything. My mind was racing, thoughts over-clouding other thoughts.

My friends would ask me what was wrong but i didn't tell then because i felt alone. I found out when i woke that my Mum had left last night and hadn't come back.   

The bell rang signaling us to go home, i grabbed my bag and headed off. Walking home would take me 10 minutes, so i wasted no time. When my house got into view, parked on the road outside was a police car.