Chapter 24

Hia! Getting close to the end 😫 I don't think that there will be a sequel because I have no other ideas for a second book but that might change.
---------------/

Chapter 24

Normal POV

A brilliant flash blinded the friends and in the boys place was a blue feathered bird, who's colours resembled the pattern of a wave.

The friends stared at the figure on the roof, the hybrids had stopped at his presence. None of them dared to move. "I'm surprised you six made it this far, however this is as far as you go".

They know that voice, it belongs to someone they all know very well. His wave like blue eyes couldn't be faked. "An-Antonio? What are you doing?" Lucy asked hurt evident in her voice.

He gave her an evil grin, "what does it look like I'm doing? As you can see, I'm not the same person you know. In fact I have changed". I an instant Lucy's heart shattered into a thousand pieces

"But... It was only a short time. How can you betray your own friends and family?" Dan asked furious that his friend betrayed then. Antonio laughed coldly, his cruel laughter ran through the friends heads. Taunting then.

"I didn't betray my family. My father leads Spiritual Realm. Yes I'm mad that he did such awful things to me but I looked past that".

None of them had a word to say. "Do you not remember what he did to Rick? How he killed him!" Suddenly another figure appeared beside Antonio, a cross between a horse and an eagle.

A Gryphon, golden feathers and fur covering its body. "Antonio knows the misery I put him and his friend through. However one of my newest members has a certain ability to brainwash and it works quite well, don't you think?"

They had all heard enough, it was time to attack. Phil was the first one to move running full speed towards the building. "*sigh* Antonio deal with this mess please. I have more important things to worry about".

In an instant the Gryphon disappeared off the roof leaving only Antonio. He took to the air and started to fly towards the friends but mainly Phil. Oh no you don't, Lucy thought as she took to the air as well.

"Hey, Antonio. Come and fight someone equal to yourself!" Lucy yelled at her mate, she hated fighting him but she had to save her friends.

Antonio turned his attention to the Fire Phoenix in front of him and he stopped in his tracks. "Lucy Baxter Jensen, the girl that shouldn't even exist in this world, and your Spirit, Blayze. The Phoenix that shouldn't be bonded to you" he was reading her like a book.

Every emotion and thought he read, "Antonio please, I don't want to fight you. I can't hurt the ones I care for" she tried to avoid violence but Antonio had other plans.

All of the sudden a powerful jet of water hit Lucy on the wing, she started to fall but quickly recovered and flew back up to him. She tried to reach him through his mind, but it was blank.

He's shut himself off, I can't reach him. Antonio please... You have to save yourself. She unwillingly formed a fire ball between her wings and with a powerful beat of her wings the fireball went flying forward.

It hit Antonio sending him flying backwards, he stopped and his eyes filled with rage. He stepped up on his attacks, first sending another jet of water, then forming a waterfall of water towards Lucy.