Dolls Eyes Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I lay on my stomach, staring at the doll, and she seemed to stare back. She was such a curious thing.  After having her on my mind for what seemed like forever, I had bought her. After I had time to look at her for a long period of time, I noticed even more intricacies than I had when I first saw her, making her even more breathtaking. There was the small spattering of delicate little freckles, faded by love; the hems of small glue pearls around her dress; the bits of red in her hair. Her eyes weren’t deep, blue-violet, they were forever’s eyes. Forever and ever… They held galaxies and worlds. They were dancing pools of water, and I wanted to make a ripple, a splash.

                I leaned in closer and closer, as if she was calling towards me. This all seemed vaguely familiar, but in my trance, I didn’t care. All I needed to do was to splash, to dance, to live in those eyes, that was all. Those eyes that beckoned to me.

                I reached out my finger and traced her warm… skin. I ran my fingers across her lips and nose to her eyes. I moved closer to her, until I kneeled in front of her. I unclenched her porcelain fingers from the umbrella and held them, marveling in their warmth. I leant in until our noses were touching.

                “Hello.” I whispered, and then I dove in.