Unraveled At The Seams

"Miss Hensley?" A soft voice startled me out of my reverie. 

"Here," I replied before walking behind the older female nurse, back down the long white hallway. 

"Um, can I ask why I'm being seen by another doctor?"

"Sorry sweetie, all I know as of right now is that Dr. Richter saw something off in the blood test he took. I'm taking you to one of Dr. Tinsley's rooms right now."

I huffed quietly before beginning to walk in silence. The nurse eventually stopped at a bland, white door and motioned for me to go inside. I slowly entered the room to find both Dr. Richter and Dr. Tinsley waiting for me.

"What's going on?"

"Skylar, please take a seat," Dr. Richter replied softly, sadness filling her deep blue eyes.

"Skylar, when Dr. Richter here took your blood test, an abnormality was found. You're levels of red and white blood cells are entirely to low. You are less that thirty percent of that of which you need to be. We ran another test after that. Skylar, I'm sorry, but you have Acute Myelogenous Leukemia."

"We believe we caught it early, but Leukemia is extremely unpredictable. You can never be sure of the outcome, but we are going to do our best to help you beat this," Dr Tinsley added.

That was the last thing I heard before my entire world darkened.

=========================================================================

A/N: Ok I know this is really short but this is just the prolouge. I'm already writing the first chapter as this is being posted, but I wanted to go ahead and post this to give everyone a glimpse. :D. Feedback is appreciated.