Chapter 10: Travel Begin ( Drake's P.O.V )

( A/N ) ----- means a time skip. )

I walked downstairs and as I was about to reach the first floor, my foot slipped and I couldn't hold my balance.
"WOAH!" I yelled, before face-planting on the floor. My plate of food didn't spill all over the place, luckily. I felt eyes look at me. I then heard two familiar laughs. Grayson and Mia's.
"Ar- I'm sor- ar-are you o-kay?" Mia managed to say, trying to hide her laugh, but had failed. All you saw was Grayson pointing at me, holding his stomach, and laughing his head off. I got up and picked up my plate of food, as I walked over to the table.
"Oh. So, so funny." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Grayson and Mia's laughs started to die down eventually.
"So? Are feeling okay? You were pale when we last saw you. Not much anymore now." Mia said.
"I'm feeling okay. My heads a bit sore, and...and my face hurts." I answered. Grayson chuckled. I glared at him.
"So you think you can actually, like, move around? Y'know, travel? We plan on heading out today or tomorrow." Grayson asked.
"Ehh..I feel a lot better than when I did yesterday. If you want to, we can head out today. " I answered.
"Okay, when we finish eating we head out." Grayson said taking a bit out of his bread.

-----
After we finished eating we got all of our stuff and Grayson payed for some more medical supplies. Before we headed out, Grayson looked at his compass and maps trying to determine which way we should go. East. We headed out of the inn and thanked the Paganum for their hospitality, not like they would actually really understand. We started walking along the gravel path as Grayson looked at the maps.

"Sooooo....... Where do we actually go? Have you ever seen something familiar to the terrain of the maps? Or are we just going by your gut?" Mia asked, raising her eyebrow.
"I do have a few ideas. I've been around something's that look like this in my times as a mercenary. Desert temples, battlegrounds, some wastelands here and there...." Grayson trailed off.
"Have you ever been around something like this?" I asked facing Mia. She looked up and thought.
"I HAVE been to a couple of Desert Temples that had artifacts, but none of them ever actually had an ocean or looked like the one on maps." She responded back.
"I've been around oceans before, and small deserts. Not as big as the one on the maps though." I remarked.

Grayson then changed his direction looking at his compass. He walked towards a forest. Me and Mia look at eachother.
"You think we should tell him?" Mia whispers. I smirk playfully.
"Nope. This is payback." I responded back. We then both turned to Grayson. We waited until it would happen. Moments later, his face hit dead on a tree. I burst out laughing. Mia tried to hold in her laugh again, but couldn't and began laughing straight after I did. Grayson fell on the floor and rubbed his forehead.
"N-nice going g- genius." I said.
"Owwww....," he then glared at both of us. "Why didn't anyone tell me I was walking into a tree?! Did you not see it?!"
"Did YOU not see it?!" Mia asked.
"Payback!" I said, laughing harder, as I kept replaying the moment in my head where Grayson hit himself.
It was good to have a laugh. It always lighten up the moment.
"Yeah, yeah. Let's keep going." Grayson said, beginning to walk around the forest area, looking up from his map at times to make sure that he didn't wind up hurting himself again. Mia and I followed close behind.
-------
"Grayson! Do you really know where you're going?" Mia asked.
"I know exactly where we're going. We're almost here."
"But we've been walking for hours! We're not even on the path anymore!"
"And that's a problem because?" Grayson asked.
"It's a problem because isn't it the way som-" Grayson cut Mia off.
"Wait, look! Do you guys see that in the distance?" He asked.
"Where?" I asked. I squinted my eyes in attempt to try to see further.
"Look, over there! Follow me." Grayson answered, starting to walk towards the structure he saw. Soon a large worn out and broken gate came out into view.
"Woah..." There was a sign on top of the gateway.

"Wel  m  t  Wh    a er?" I read. The rest of the sign was either broken or covered in ash and smudged out.
"What's that supposed to say?" I asked.
"I'm not sure. The first two words have to be Welcome to. Should we take a look around?"
"We can. Maybe there's extra supplies we could use." Grayson added, beginning to walk into the fallen city.
The entire place was gigantic. There were many burnt down buildings and homes, and ash with the smell of smoke hung heavy in the air. And there were bridges and pathways going in many directions, and vines around everywhere. Lakes and rivers also were here, except a tint of red came from them. Blood. I gave a long and depressed sigh.

"This place had to be a huge and strong civilization, if it's not, then I'd be really surprised." Mia commented, starting to walk ahead of us, looking around.
I walked into a small building. There were several shelves and books that seemed to have survived. A couple of potions were also around aswell, and I made sure they weren't any negative potions before putting them inside my bag. As I finished placing them in, Grayson came in.
"Where's Mia?" I asked. He pointed to the house across from us.
"She's searching the house across from us. Find anything?"
"A couple of potions of healing and speed. Nothing else yet."
"Okay. I'm gonna head upstairs." He said, as he began climbing the ladder.
I turned my focus to the books that were in the shelves. One of the books read:
'Guide on How to Make Potions' I skimmed through the pages and found nothing useful. I put it down and looked at another.

'Get to Know the Monsters Around Us'.
'Monsters, huh?' I thought as I opened into one of the ending pages. It showed a detailed and complex picture of a Silverfish. It read:

'The Silverfish: Attack on sight

Description: A very small like hostile creature. Has the ability to see through stone walls and will be able to navigate through them, until they find their target. Have the ability to blend in with any type of stone. If not killed quick enough, and if hurt, other silverfish will appear around the surrounding area. What it lacks in strength makes up for it in numbers.

Are vulnerable to: Soul sand, Lava, Gravel, Heights, Fire, and negative potions.
Appearance: Found underground and in the surface and mines is not something you will usually see. Rare. ' (A/N Not all of this may be true, but I wanted to make the silverfish seem more realistic in the story.)
'This could be useful.' I thought as I also placed the book inside of my bag. Grayson came downstairs.

"Find anything upstairs?" I asked him.
"A couple of bandages, but nothing else." Grayson replied as he headed out of the door. I kept up with him.
"Guys! I'm going to go look at the library over here!" Mia yelled.
"Okay!" Grayson and I called back.
I went inside another building. Grayson went inside the building next to it. Inside it was dusty and there was debri. There were also a couple of thrown over and destroyed tables, as well as water and ivy the that started to seep through the holes on the ceiling and walls. There was a counter with rotten food.

'Gross...' I thought, as I went upstairs. When I reached the end of the staircase and looked around, I saw a small door with an iron handle reaching out in one of the walls. There were a couple of smaller rooms with beds and scratched up desks. Nothing really there was useful. I decided to take a look at what was inside the latch. I went over to it and opened it. I almost passed out. I have seen things like this before when I was at Ironmyre, but I hadn't seen it in a long time.
"WHAT T-" I slammed the door shut. I barricaded it with my body.
'Damn you cultists.' I thought. I headed downstairs and out of the building. I saw Mia looking at something as I was about to walk in the structure.
"What are you doing?" I asked her. She didn't answer.
"Helllllooooo?" I said, waving a hand in front of her face.
"Oh! Sorry, didn't see you there. Something about this just seems off." She said, staring intently at the concrete floor.
"What's so interesting about a floor?" I asked.
"Look," Mia said, whilst pointing to pattern on the wall. "Don't you see these carvings and designs on here? I haven't seen them around anywhere else in the city so far. And doesn't it look like a button almost?" She asked.

I stared at it for a couple of moments before Grayson came over.
"What's up?" He asked looking over to what we were.
"Doesn't this look like it would be a door?" Mia inquired. He stared at it for a couple of seconds aswell.
Before any of us could say anything, the floor where the carved patterns gave in and suddenly opened, taking us down with it.
"WOAH!" We all said as we fell down and the floor closed.
"Amazing!" Mia said sarcastically.
"This is like catacombs..." I said.
"Deja vu..." We all added at the same time.

"If this like the catacombs, then we have to find a way out. The opening is too high for us, even if you two were able to pull me up." Grayson said.
"Then lets go..." Mia commented, motioning her hands in a random direction.
We all then started to walk down the random path Mia pointed to.