Anime Tokyo Ghoul

"If an angelic being fell from the sky and tried to live in this world of ours, I think even they would commit many wrongs."

~ Juuzou Suzuya

"I led me by the hand, as if to fill the niches in the memories in my oozing brain fluid. Without even a destination, we kept walking. Disgusting clouds were floating in the sky. I already know what will happen to me the next time I wake up."

~ Ken Kaneki

"I know I haven't always made the right decisions up to now... Whether I was right, or whether I was wrong, may not even matter in the first place. However, running up against my sins like this-- all of the choices I've made up to this point-- today, being able to die for someone-- is something I'm glad for..."

~ Irimi Kaya

"There's no way someone who can't even protect himself can protect anyone else, is there?"

~ Touka Kirishima

"I was wrong. I wasn't eating ghouls. I'm the one who was being eaten."

~ Ken Kaneki

"Human relationships are chemical reactions. If you have a reaction then you can never return back to your previous state of being."

~ Ken Kaneki

"Whose fault is it that things ended up like this? Coincidence? An accident? Fate? There's no such thing as fate. It's simply a combination of one circumstance and the next. And who is it that creates those circumstances? Who is it? It's you."

~ Rize Kamishiro

"All suffering in the world is born from an individual's incompetence."

~ Yakumo Oomori (Jason)

"We're always trying to justify our actions with ideals. But ideals cannot give grounds for killing another person. The act of taking a life will always be considered... evil."

~ Yoshimura

"You think something like that would hurt, after all I've been through?"

~ Ken Kaneki

"Why is it that the beautiful things are entwined more deeply with death than with life?"

~ Ken Kaneki

"Isn't it arrogant to put a price on whether life is "higher" or "lower", Kaneki? We are just bags of meat. The weak bow down and the strong devour them. Rather, if you compared them to all living things, it's humans who have shaved away the most lives. We are different than them."