prologue - Luke-

July 2015 Luke

I really did love him. I loved him so much he could've ripped my heart and stomped all over it and id be happy because it was Michael who did it to me. But as three simple words left my mouth I wasn't thinking about how much I loved him. I was thinking about him cheating on me. "I hate you," I saw the blood drain from his face and it was me who ripped his heart out.

"No. You don't mean that-"

"I do! I've wasted 3 years of my life on you and apparently that time has meant nothing to you!" tears streamed down my face as I slumped to the ground trying not to hypervenilate.

"Luke I-"

"No! Get out!" Michael stood in front of me stunned. "Get out, get out, get out!" I screamed louder, each time. I was sobbing watching my whole world fall apart in just a few minutes. Michael knelt next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't fucking touch me!" I smacked his hand away and he leapt away from me. I pulled myself up on shaking legs and walked towards him. "I'm going to say this once and once only" I backed Michael into a corner. "This is what is going to happen. Get out of my house and tomorrow all of your stuff will be on my front lawn. Never come back. Never call me, text me, snapchat me, kik me, DM me, Facebook message me ever again. I want you gone and out of my life. You cheated on me and you'll never be able to fix that. So leave my house and fuck everyone that breathes since you're now free from me. I'm going to find myself a husband who actually loves me and I hope you do the same."

I backed away from Michael letting him walk out of our bedroom. We walked down the stairs to the front door where I held it open for him to leave. I watched him leave. I watched my entire life walk out the front door. Michael whispered "i love you.." as I slammed the door shut. i slid down to the floor sobbing. I didn't leave that spot for hours. I sat with my back against a door sobbing over a boy who didn't love me as much as I loved him.

I never exepected to see Michael again.

Except I did. 10 years later.

A/N: hi. its been a really long time since I've written anything. i hope its not horrible :) - lauren