1 - Michael-

July 2025 Michael

"Now boarding all military personnel on flight 2055 to San Francisco." I took out my headphones and walked to the checker. "Thank you for your service," the checker smiled at me. I nodded and boarded the plane, taking my seat and thinking of the last time I was in San Francisco.

After Luke kicked me out I spent 6 months in the heart of San Francisco going to clubs and getting trashed. I drank to forget how much I'd hurt Luke and I got high so I could have sex with guys and pretend it was him. I started to steal money to fuel my needs and of course, all the stealing caught up to me. I was arrested under felony theft and my sentence was simple. I spend 15 years in a federal prison or I spend 5 years in the military.

The obvious choice was the military. I chose Marine Corps as the branch I wanted to go into. Immediately after I was shipped off to Parris Island, South Carolina for basic training. It took 12 weeks of intense physical and mental training until i was cleared to be stationed. My living arguments was first at the base in Quantico, Virginia. I spent my first 5 years there working human resources management and services. Once the 5 years of my sentence was up, I decided to stay because I had no other job to take if I left.

The next 5 years was spent at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. I was given time off to go home and visit family.

"We have started our decent in to San Francisco. It is partly cloudy and the local time is 3:45. Thank you for joining us and enjoy your time in the Bay Area."

My mom was waiting for me at baggage claim with the biggest smile on her face. She visited me once in North Carolina, but money was tight so that was only time she was able to come see me.

"Hey Mikey,"

"Hi mom," I hugged her, picking her up off the ground.

"Do you have any luggage?"

"No this is it."

"Okay baby-" I blushed at the pet name. "lets go home."

A/N: I have one more chapter pre written and I'll post it again in a few days. I just got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm supposed to be relaxing. Thank you for reading - lauren