First day back

{Madis pov}
My alarm goes off, but I put it on snooze because I'm dreading what's to come today; school. I'm an easy sleeper so I had no trouble getting back to sleep within 3 minutes.
_
{Kians pov}
I always leave my house extra extra early because I know Madi always turns her alarm off so that she can sleep longer, so to prevent her from being late to school I always go to her house early. It's fine with her parents, they're like my second family, I can come and go whenever I want. It takes me 1 minute to get to Madis and when I get to the door I feel around under the mat and find her spare key that she leaves for me for whenever I come to her house.

I unlock the door and walk in and up the stairs taking a left towards her room and suddenly her little sister, Maggie comes beaming down the hallway towards me, extending her arms for a hug. "Kiannnnnnnnnnn" she screams in excitement.

"How's my lil Maggie doing?" I ask as I hug her. I've always had a soft spot for Maggie, after all I have known her for all 7 years of her life.

"Madi's sleeping again" she says rolling her eyes which made me laugh because she resembles Madi so much at that age.

Knowing she's asleep I walk into her room and sure enough she is.
_
{Madis pov}
I hear him as soon as he walks into my room (wuuut? I'm a light sleeper okay) but I pretend to be asleep still.

He shakes me "Babe, it's time to get up" he says gently but also loud enough to wake me up.

Fuck I love it when he does that, calls me babe. I know he means it in a friend way but I don't know, it just gets me. No Madi. It can't and it doesn't.

I shake myself out of my thoughts and let out a slight groan and sit up slowly, I rest my head on Kians shoulder and groan more, dreading the thought of school.

"G'morning sleeping beauty" he says with his cheesy smile but I am not in the mood for mornings and being awake right now so I just force myself up out of bed, making a mumbling/groaning sound in reply to him. He knows I'm moody in the mornings so he always does everything he can to annoy me so as I get up to go and get dressed he smacks my ass, so childish. I turn around and glare at him and he puts his hands up in surrender and let's me be while I get ready.

I throw on a pair of denim high waisted shorts, a black crop top which needed the help of Kian to be zipped up at the back, straightened my hair and threw on my normal makeup; foundation, concealer, powder, mascara and touched up my eyebrows. Kian was already downstairs waiting, probably playing dolls with my sister or something, what a softie. Although it is kinda cute.

I head downstairs and sure enough, Kian was watching the Barbie movie with Maggie. I can't help but stand in the doorway and adore him, he looks so cute with her, all snuggled up with their eyes concentrated on the movie. But sadly, I have to break my two favourite people in the world apart for now, or we'll be late for school.

"Cmon we have to go to school" I say to Kian then I walk over to Maggie to give her a hug goodbye.

We get into Kians car and he starts driving us to school.

"We have the exact same timetable this semester" he says to me.

"Is that so, Mr Lawley?"

"Yeah, I was comparing our timetables while you were getting ready"

"Well looks like I'm gonna have a lot of fun annoying you for the half of this year then won't I?" I smirk.

He laughs but then turns around and I don't know how to say this without sounding completely cheesy but, looked into my eyes? Nah, we're friends Madi, Kian probably likes someone pretty like Ariana or Andrea. Not like I would care I mean I don't like him in that way anyway. Or do I? Nope. Nopeeee. Madi you do not.

For the rest of the car ride I was silent. Not an awkward silent just, silent. We pull up at school and he turns to me and says "So you're coming to Nash's party on Friday with me right?" He says, implying for it to be a question but I guess we're just so used to eachother being around we don't need to really even ask we just automatically know that if he's going then I'll go.

"Do I have a choice?" I ask

"noPe" he says popping the 'p'.

"Well then I guess I am" I smiled.

The conversation about that topic ends and I steal his SnapBack and run out of the car, not realising that I forgot my backpack along the way. I put his SnapBack on backwards, just like he has it and I imitate him, walking exactly like him until I feel a pair of familiar arms snake around my waist pulling me into a hug as he whispers into my ear "I don't think so". I will never admit to him that it turned me on. It did.

He gives me my bag and I give him his hat, we walk into school holding hands (we're just really close bestfriends and evERYONE knows that.. Well almost everyone except for Ariana, Cam, Nash and Andrea that is).

Our group is classified as "the popular group". I don't know how or why it is like that but it just is, has been for a while and at first it confused me but then I just got used to it.

Me and Kian receive a lot of "awes" and "omg cutiesssss" as we walked down the hallway but I just rolled my eyes, just FRIENDS.

First period was history with Andrea and Kian, I take a seat between them and the long dreaded day begins...

By lunch I was already exhausted but I was awake enough to notice Kian acting weird. We were sitting at our normal spot when Kian turned to Cam and said "so, Cam. Got your eyes set on any hot chicks?"

"Well Madison's pretty hot" he said and winked at me. I have to admit I was flattered but me and Cam? NO. He is pretty hot himself but I think it's best to stay friends with him.

"AW THANKS CAM WAM" I squealed and jumped on Cam and hugged him.

Over my shoulder I saw Kian he looked kinda sad, then he looked away from me. But why? It's definitely not over me. For the rest of lunch he was silent..

Last period was sport with Kian, we were doing track but me and Kian just sat on the bleachers and talked. I was laying with my head rested in his lap fiddling with his shoelaces, it was nice.

"So you and Cam ehh?"

"NO NUHH UH"

"Cmon I saw the way he looks at you"

"What do you mean?"

"He looks at you the same way I do.."

As soon as he said that his face turned red and he quickly said "Uhh I gotta go, love you talk to you later"

"What? Kian!" I shouted as he walked quickly away.

I just sat on the bleachers for the rest of the lesson thinking. Does Kian like me? No, he couldn't. Do I like him? I can't. But I do. No I don't. Of course I fucking do.

And that is when I came to terms with my true feelings. I was in love with Kian Lawley.
_
{Kians pov}
Great job Kian, now she'll know. She'll know that I don't just want to be friends. Fuck. Fuck.