2 || Blonde Jokes. Headlock Chokes.

As I flew home, the difficulties of removing the tight spandex which was stuck to me like a second skin, struck me as less than graceful. Of course, because of my mood the weather kept getting worse and rain kept pouring down, the thundering getting louder by the second. I reached home in an hour because of the shit weather and my shittier attitude.

As I peeled off my suit , my body grew rigid because of the cold. Pulling on my sweats gave me a sense of relief and warmth. I shook my suit to remove any traces of water and made a mental note to wash it. Holding it in my hands gave me time to admire the cobalt blue skirt with a small silver belt etched into it and the matching cobalt full sleeves crop-top with a silver cape attached to it. The mask which covered almost all of my face was a striking darker shade of blue than the rest and, of course, my knee length boots which had a built in pocket to keep my small silver knife.

I traced the silver lightning logo on my top while sniffing it. Unsatisfied with the current odor and my misfortunate events only made me rethink my decisions of keeping it back in my hidden closet, and I quickly threw it in my laundry basket, promising myself that I would wash it later.

Slowly climbing down the stairs, I reached the dining hall where my mother was seated on the table. She smiled up at me and said,"Welcome home Lola! How was your day?"

"Same old same old, mum", I replied. Her gaze was fixated on my lips and I reached out and kissed her on her forehead. She signed at me, her face expressing disdain and ordered me to eat. In response, I nodded and helped myself to her delicious home made meal.

I glanced at the clock just as it struck ten. The noise of the cuckoo bird startled me as usual, but it didn't even faze my mum. That was when I noticed her hearing aids had been laid out on the kitchen counter. I pushed my chair back, retrieved them and stuck them in her ear.

She smiled gratefully and said,"I wasn't able to remember where I had kept them."

I looked at her sparkling eyes and shook my head. Instead of replying, I simply nodded and went back to eating my food with a small smile tugging on my lips. As the weather cleared up, I realized my mum always seemed to bring up my mood.

********

The next morning I was up and out of my house early. I wore my regular skinny jeans with a graphic comic top and sneakers. My bag, as usual, was very heavy with my books as well as my super suit.

I was in my first year of college and to be honest, classes plus my superhero duties were piling up and it was very hard to keep track of everything. As I headed to my first class for the day, an arm was slung over my shoulder and I was slowed down by a heavy weight who was known as none other than Seth Parker.

"Well well, if it isn't Seth Parker again," I grumbled out loud.

"Awww, how cute! You knew it was me without even checking! I'm honored to be in your 'I know who it is without even looking back' list," he smirked.

I shrugged off his hand and said,"Isn't it too early for you? Shouldn't you be sleeping at home as usual and bunking classes?"

"Now that we're done with our daily dose of fighting, can I tell you a joke?" He said while smirking.

"Go ahead Seth. You brighten up my day every time with your amazing jokes,"I replied in a monotonous way.

"What did one blonde say to the other when she asked for the capital of Mexico?" He asked.

"What"