10

Neither of them noticed that the entire task force was staring at them shocked and horrified.

"Light?" Soichiro asked hastily. L's eyes shot open and he fell back against the elevator wall away from Light. Light turned to look at them all like a startled deer in headlights. L rested his head against the wall and clenched his eyes shut. "Light what are you- Well it could be worse, you could be kira!" Soichiro tried to joke it off but he was actually in denial at what he had just seen. Light swallowed painfully.

"But I am." everyone's expressions were twice as confused and shocked. L looked up at them and then Light who had tears beginning to stream down his face. L stood back up and kissed Light's cheek briefly then quickly pressed the button to the top floor.

They stood in the elevator shaking as Light cried and L comforted him. When the door opened L linked his arm through Light's and picked up his bags whilst pulling Light along to the helicopter. Watari was already waiting as he knew what L would do and where he wanted to go.

"Let's go Watari." L said helping Light into the helicopter. Watari flew them to the airport and when they got there they got on a private jet and Watari flew them to England, then to an extremely large house L bought when he learnt about Light being Kira. He predicted this scenario and brought them a house prepared. Light had begun to calm down and instead watched out the window, curios. L lent over and rested his head against Light's shoulder. Light entwined his fingers with L's and smiled at him.

"Where are we going?"

"To our house." L replied simply. Light's eyes widened.

"In england?" L nodded.

"This is my home country Light, and it's by Wammy's house." Light didn't know how to react he was shocked but amazed. So instead he just went with it.

They got in and Light was gobsmacked at how beautiful and astounding the house was. But L kept moving until he got to a large master bedroom. Light was bewildered the whole time and as L dropped his hand and walked across the room, Light gaze fell upon him and he smiled. L had brought them this house that Light couldn't bare to think of the price, but he had done it and Light really did love him. As L fiddled with some computers Light walked up to him and hugged him from behind, kissing his neck.

"Light are you feeling okay?"

"Yes of course why wouldn't I be?"

"Because all of that was really traumatic. You came out to your father at the same time as showing him your boyfriend and then telling him you're actually the world's worst criminal he's been chasing."

"Thank's for the reminder."

"I'm sorry Light."

"It's okay. But I'm stuck."

"What?"

"I want to make love to you but I got really bad jet lag." L laughed and kissed Light.

"Let's just go to sleep. See what happens." L kissed down Light's neck until he got to his shirt and took it off. He then dragged Light to the bed. They didn't get much sexual activity as they were both tired.

In the morning they went around together to explore their new home and since Light felt better they did what he would have liked to the previous night, multiple times. L promised Light that tomorrow he could visit Wammy's house and see Near, Matt and Mello. They agreed to not yet say he was secretly Kira but they didn't have to keep their relationship a secret.

They were outside Wammy's house and Light felt nervous. This was a house full of L's heirs would they really not going to figure out that he was kira. Also they all admired L so wouldn't he be judged strongly? L looked at him and saw the anxiety in his face so walked up to him and held his face tightly. Most of Light's worries melted away with L's tongue in his mouth and when they broke apart they turned back to the door. As L got out his keys, Light turned to the side and saw a cute little albino boy peeking from behind the curtain. He had been watching them and ducked back when Light saw him. They went in and L was instantly attacked by loads of young children then teenagers. They all hugged him until he fell to the ground and they were laughing. Light smiled but then the children's gazes fell upon him one by one and there laughing faces dropped to inquisitive ones. They got up and began to examine him. Light felt himself grow nervous and L stood up against the wall with a teenager in leather from head to toe beside him, whispering something in his ear. Beside him was a younger child probably about 14 in red and black stripes playing on a video game. At the end of the line was the small albino he saw before, holding a toy giraffe tightly and still watching him. L whispered something back at the long haired blonde teenager and the two looked at him then continued talking. This was what Light feared and he began to hyperventilate as he was being stared at and judged from every direction.

L looked back at Light after telling Mello about him and saw how scared he was. He could see the kids of Wammy's house studying him and this was Light's fear. L quickly walked to Light's side and linked their arms.

"Everyone, this is Light Yagami. You'll see him with me a lot and be nice. You're all so incredibly smart that you intimidate him. Good work." He whispered at the end, winking at them. All the children giggled and squirmed under L's compliments and Light sighed, smiled and gazed lovingly at L.

Mello's eyes widened slightly. Although L had just told him that Light was his boyfriend, Mello almost thought it was a joke. Even the linking arms thing he couldn't really believe but he could see that the look in Light Yagami's eyes was genuine. But was L the same. He stared at the two closely, analyzing everything. He had a love for L as if L was his father. He looked up to him and wanted to make sure, if it was true, that this guy would be good enough for him. L looked back up and into Light's eyes. His look mirrored that of Light's and he lent forward kissing him quickly as there were children in the room. Mello's mouth dropped to the floor as he really didn't believe L was capable of loving in such a way.

Mellow kept watching the stranger. He didn't know what to think of him as he thought he seemed rather nice and kind but he could sense something strange about him. Plus he was a stranger and L taught them to be judgemental and asses everything. Light Yagami had seemed to be less nervous now L was beside him and the other children softened up. But Near didn't plan to stop evaluating and being as blunt as normal.

Light smiled as L lead him and the children into a large living room. They all showed L reports and he read them with genuine interest. Making sure that Light got to be involved. Some of the kids even showed Light their projects first. His confidence built and L was loving this. The three boys stood in the door watching. Matt still playing on his video game was only dragged there by Mello who was still astounded at L's new behaviour. As the two boys laughed with one of the six year olds, Mello couldn't take it anymore and grabbed Matt's arm dragging him up the stairs and into their room.

"Do you believe it?"

"Believe what?" Matt muttered not really interested and instead taking out one of his cigarettes that he hid under Mello's bed.

"That L could actually truly love anyone, especially Light Yagami?!" Matt finally played attention and looked up.

"Wait, what? That's who that guy is?" Mello nodded. "Well, shit. I don't know. I guess we just observe."

Down stairs, near stood in a corner twirling a piece of his white hair between his finger and thumb.Light looked over and saw him, then kissed L's cheek and got up toward Near. Near didn't flinch just watched him carefully. Light crouched down and spoke calmly.

"Hey! You're near right?" Near nodded slowly and didn't speak. "I like your giraffe." Near held him closer and watched Light who was starting to worry. This wasn't going so well. L was watching the two from the corner of his eye and was fascinated. Suddenly Nears eyes widened as Light began to pry the Giraffe from Near's arms. He was slightly nervous as to what he was going to do or how it would go. But Near gave up and allowed him. When Light had hold of the toy he handled it carefully and was making it dance around. Near watched fascinated and so did L. He played with Near in the way L did. As Light picked up another toy and was making them join in Near began to smile and play with him. They were playing an investigation and a smile spread across L's face. Near was an incredible child who was very mature for his age and didn't talk to people or let them near his toys or him. He never let anyone in and now he was with Light.

However they didn't play for long as Near said he had to go and see his friends so he took his toys and left. He headed for Mello's room to meet with him and Matt. Meanwhile Light went to sit back with L who whispered,

"Good job with Near. That was rare." But throughout playing with Light Near learnt somethings.

"Hi guys." He said walking in and placing his toys on the floor. The first thing he learnt was Light could be really nice.

"Nate what are your opinions on Light?" The second thing, is that he was much like L.

"I'm not very sure. There's definitely romance between them but there's something." Third thing, Light was very beautiful.

"No. I don't think he's good enough for L." Forth thing, he could see why L loved him and why the two were together.

"Well there is one thing I am pretty sure about..." Fifth thing...

"What?" Light...

"Light Yagami is kira."