Chapter One

After Camila Cabello's family is taken from her by zombies, she must learn to survive on her own in the almost abandoned city of Miami. When she encounters a beautiful girl with striking green eyes, she soon discovers that she just might have a shot at surviving through the end.

Zombie apocalypse au

a/n: This is also on my Wattpad juiceboxjergi.

Sofi hums quietly to the music surrounding her as she distributes water among the flowers in the garden. When the watering can is only down to a few drops, she skips back over to the hose to refill, her headphones strapped to her head. As soon as the can is full, she shuffles to back to the garden, struggling to carry the heavy object.

A few minutes into watering, she hears what sounds like a low moan coming from behind her. The young girl shakes it off, assuming that it's part of the song that's currently playing. The mysterious noise is heard once again. Sofi twists her body around, looking for the source of the horrid sound. I must be going crazy she chuckles to herself while she finishes up with the garden.

Suddenly, she feels a drop of cool liquid on the back of her neck. Sofi reaches back, trying to reach the substance. Her fingers make contact with a slick and slimy substance. She wipes her hand on her jeans, starting to become slightly freaked out. The moan is heard once again, this time a lot more louder. Hesitantly, the young girl spins around on her heel, coming face to face with a ghastly looking creature. Its sunken rotting face making her stomach churn. The pair of unfocused eyes burn into her soul while its mouth twitched with drool dribbling down its chin. The last thing she felt was a cold, clammy hand clasping around her neck and crooked teeth digging into her flesh before everything went black.

--------------------------

Camila Cabello slides down against a cold, metal door, the revolver in her hand landing on the floor with a clank, echoing throughout the dark shed. She squeezes her eyes shut, taking deep breaths in order to calm herself. Once her heart rate goes back to normal, she forces herself to open her eyes, he gaze landing on the lifeless body slumped against the wall of the wooden shed, its hollow eyes still wide open.

It had been two weeks. Two weeks since her little sister had gotten attacked, no killed, by one of those monsters. Soon after, their parents lives had been taken as well. Camila grits her teeth at the memory. She's the only one left in her family. In those two weeks, the 18-year old had to learn how to survive on her own, and it was not easy. Not easy at all. She'd fled her house immediately after her parents were brutally murdered, grabbing as many things as she could and stuffing them into a basic black backpack. Time was crunched, so she only took the first things she laid her eyes on. It later dawned on her that her lucky banana socks, headphones, and a monkey stuffed animal would not be helpful in this case. Luckily, she had managed to snag a box of matches, a pocket knife, a change of clothes, and a few water bottles.

Turns out her family weren't the only victims of what everyone called walkers. Nearly everyone she knew in the town had lost at least one family member of theirs to them. This was the start of an apocalypse. A few days into her solo adventure, a small gang had approached her. They considered taking her in, but they already had enough people, and one more person meant one more mouth to feed and to use their medicine on. Plus, they didn't know her too well, so they didn't exactly trust her fully. Shawn, who seemed to be the leader of the group, took pity on Camila when he saw the items in her possession and handed her a few thing that were key to surviving. He left her with a bag that contained a revolver, extra ammo, hand sanitizer, canned food, and a few breath mints. Camila wondered when on earth she'd ever need breath mints, but she shrugged it off.