Cheren, Floccesy Town, and Alder

Author Note: In the last chapter, I used actual quotes from the game and sort of described a battle in one of Lestia's flashbacks, but now it's just too difficult for me to do, so don't expect to see quotes much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ready to start your journey, and our search?" he asked me. I nervously swallowed the saliva that was accumulating in my mouth, and nodded.

"Let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lestia, to begin our search, it may help if you mimic Ayla's journey." N tells me as I put my right foot into the grass.

"OK, so, like, what?"

"Well, when Ayla started her journey, she said she was trying to fill out the Pokédex by catching every Pokémon."

"'Kay. Catch a lot of Pokémon."

"All of them that you see," He corrects.

"Right, all of 'em." I was already less ambitious about this journey. We walk through the grass, not seeing any Pokémon, when someone yells down to us from a cliff.

"You there, Trainers! My name is Alder!" The man yells down to us. "I'm a Trainer with a keen interest in the world. One of my goals is to tell people about how wonderful it is to walk toward the future together with Pokémon." I jump back, this time crashing into N, as Alder jumps of the cliff. How he was still alive afterward, I don't know. "And you are?"

"Lestia, from Aspertia City. And this is--"

"Harmonia. I'm from Sinnoh," N says. I shot him a questioning glance, but he looks at Alder as cool as can be.

"Hmph! So you're Lestia from Aspertia City! And you're Harmonia from Sinnoh." He comes up to me and starts observing me up close. Finally he asks for a look at my Pokémon, which I allowed him to, and he stepped back. "Your Snivy is a fine-looking Pokémon! But, you're not exactly a seasoned Trainer yet..."

"Well, yeah," I murmur under my breath. "I just started my journey."

"Indeed! I'll train you a little! Follow me! You can come, too, Harmonia." Alder runs off towards Floccesy Town, but I go the other way, N still following.

"I thought you would take his offer," N says as we walk into tall grass.

"I will," I say, walking around to get the Pokémon to jump out at me. "I'm just going to--Pokémon!" A Purrlion jumps out at us, and N steps back, indicating to it who to battle. We have a two-turn battle, and I catch it. "As I was saying, I'm gonna catch some Pokémon first so I don't lose so easily. But now that I have Thief the Purrloin, I have to heal him. Common!" I race back to the Pokémon Center, and go inside, heal my Pokémon, and come back. I continue doing this until I have a party of Slick the Snivy, Thief the Purrloin, and Gnaws the Patrat. "Alright, let's go follow Alder!" I say to N after healing my Pokémon.

Alder was waiting for us just around the corner of the Pokémon Center.

"Hurry up, slowpokes!" Alder shouts to us, the runs off. I pull on N, setting off at a brisk pace. I hurry after Alder, holding N by the wrist so he can't lag behind. We gain up on Alder, who has stopped at the top of some steps. "Hey, this way! Shall we start training? By the way... why are you holding two Town Maps? Is one of them his?" He points to N.

"No, this is for my friend, he left in a hurry and forgot it." And why does everyone ask that? I think.

"Oh ho! It's your friend's Town Map, is it? Your friend is the one with the Tepig, isn't he?"