the runaway boy➳prologue

third pov

matthew walks down the street of run down houses and uncut grass. this was matthews favourite part of walking home from work, he was all alone and could think out loud with no stares.

matthew was working at a local walmart during his years of studying to be a therapist. he wanted to help people with their problems and lead them in the right direction, much like his parents did.

matthews parents always told him to follow his dreams and to always have something to fall back on. thats why hes working at walmart, not because thats what he wants to do if therapy doesnt work. but because he wants some money for himself, to live the life of a 20 year old.

matthew was cut off of his thoughts when he sees a boy on the corner of the street he was currently walking on. matthew is confused, no one walks down this street except him. he picks up his pace to catch up to the mysterious boy.

on the other side of the street where carter, the mysterious boy stood, he didnt realise that their was another person here. he only came here to be alone, but matthew ruined what he wanted.

matthew stops a little then 2 feet in front of carter. the poor boy still doesn't realise the figure standing in his way, he walks with his head down right into matthews chest.

matthew tries to catch the boy but failes miserably, carter falls on his butt and his glasses slide of his face. matthew picks up his glasses and the fallen boy.

"hi! my name is matthew espinosa, but you can call me matt!" matthew says with a big grin on his face.
carter looks up at the smiling boy.
"uh i gotta go bye" carter says nervously and runs down the vacant street.

matthew turns and stares at the runaway boy until he sees no more of the figure.

- 5 votes for next chapter
-fun fact- i though of this plot at like 2am. so sorry if it sucks
-this is my 2nd time writing this so i suck
-clarissa
x.