Chapter 3

Hey everyone, so I thought I'd pump out another chapter last night...well, you can see how that turned out. ANYWAYS, here's the newest chapter- I hope everyone will be happy at how much Alaska has fucked the timeline...circle...thing! and it's bitch sideways seven ways to sunday with this one! joking, joking. enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Carolina with everyone, in temple)

Inside the Temple was an almost complete maze. If it wasn't for the AIs making a map, then they would've been lost by now thanks to the dark passageways that were a dark blue- a royal blue. The Greek alphabet went around each corridor in different colors. Also, there were cobwebs in different corners of each passageway. 

They finally came to a big circular room that had the Greek letter for 'Alpha' on the ceiling. Carolina only knew what the Alpha Symbol was because her father had showed it to her enough times that it burned into her memory. "Oh my God! Look at all the sleeping people in these glass beds!", shouted Caboose.

 Carolina's eyes narrowed. 'Sleeping people?', she thought as she turned to the dark blue simulation trooper. Carolina was still surprised to this day that ONI had let Project Freelancer use armor that they had spares of at the time. If anything, Caboose had the look of a SPARTAN in Mark VI armor-or VII in the three Freelancers that worked with them. 

Same could be said about the other Reds and Blues with their respective colors. She wondered how the hell they even got the armors in the first place. Carolina shook her head, she had more important objectives than some 'sleeping people'. "Wait. Caboose, did you say sleeping people?", asked a dark purple AI that stood on Alaska's left shoulder, in a childish voice.

 "Yeah, Theta, he did. Why?", inquired Carolina. Everyone was looking up, down, left, and right with all the directions in between for something, anything. Theta tapped on the back of Christian's head. He turned to Theta slightly. "what is it, Theta?", he asked. 

Theta made a turning gesture, then pointed to Wash and herself. 'The fuck was that about?', thought Carolina to Church. She looked to his holographic as he said, "Looks like Theta wants permission to do something.", there was a short pause that almost felt like it was getting pregnant, then he continued, "But I don't know what." She looked back over to Alaska and suddenly got tunnel vision before everything went black.

(Carolina and Wash, unknown room)

Carolina's head turned to either side, noticing that she was in a conference like room with dark blue walls and everywhere she looked, dark purple numeric code. She was in a very comfortable office chair. to her right was Wash, shaking his head. 'So we both were knocked out for a short time. But the question is, who did it?', Carolina thought. Wash's voice came out with, "That's a good question." The two Freelancers' heads snapped to the other. Simultaneously, they asked,

"Did you hear my thoughts?"

"Did I just hear your thoughts?"

There was a moment of silence between the two. They heard a familiar voice say,

"Hello Agent Carolina, Agent Washington. It's a pleasure to see you too again." They looked in front of them and saw Theta. 'Well, a more life-sized Theta.', thought Wash. Theta continued, "welcome to my recently dubbed 'Unlock Room'. Wash asked, " 'Unlock Room'?" Theta nodded. He said, "You have a choice. You can either let me unlock your memories of before the Fall of Freelancer, or keeping your current memories and being able to fight without risks."