Lazy Daze

lf you guys have any suggestions for me when describing the characteristics of a certain race please let me know! I am so open for suggestions! (I'll make sure to mention you if I use something you sent).

Chapter 1

"Cavannaugh! You have to get to school sweetheart. " Yelled my mom from downstairs. I loved my mom with all my heart but I hated that she had to ruin my sleep!

"Ok mom gosh!" I yell back. Getting in a quick shower before toweling off and entering my closet

As I threw on my favorite pair of lulus and a cute top I had bought yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about why Dakota hadn't asked me to the winter formal yet. Dakota hadn't been acting himself for a while now, maybe the pressure of our two year anniversary was making him nervous? Oh well, I wasn't about to let it ruin my morning.

I moved across the room ready to leave, when suddenly there was a buzz from across the room. My phone! How could I forget. There was a text from Tinsley asking if I was up for going to the country club later with her Delane, Jaz(her boyfriend, who attended a school outside of the county) , Farhah , Sahid, Han and Dakota.

Sure. I text back. Summer weather all year was just one of the bonuses of living in Oakwood Arizona. My already brown tinted skin, which came with being mexican, would certainly appreciate the sun today during my tanning session.

I put my phone in my bag, and grabbed my books. Before I left I took in my appearance. I had radiant green eyes just like my sister, a killer smile, and the smarts of a surgeon. Though I told myself to get over it, I still pondered upon
what was making Dakota act so distant.

I bolted out of my front door with a small goodbye to my parents. As I turned my keys into the ignition I let out a small yelp as someone covered my eyes. Just as fast as they came they were gone.

"Ha I got you!" My eighteen year old sister Valery said from the back seat.

"Good one, did you and your goons come up with it?" I snapped.

"What took you so long anyway, doing more junior stuff?" My sister replied, totally ignoring my irritation.

I pull out of our drive way before responding with a nasty tone, still not to keen with the fact that she'd scared me.

"If you must know, I was making plans with Tinsley."

"Tinsley?" My sister asked, clearly confused.

"Yes, Tinsley."

"I just thought you'd said she was spending so much time with Jaz..."

"Well things are different now." I say, to myself more than anyone really.

"Could you like drive faster? I have
that stupid test in first hour." She says as we pull up into the school parking lot.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have gotten your car impounded, I mean who leaves their car in the middle of oncoming traffic for two days?" I ask, pushing the envelope with her irritation.

"Gee thanks for the lecture mom!"
Valery snaps as she hops out of the car and runs up to the doors of Oakwood private high school.

This always happened, Valery and I would get into a dumb argument and wound up making up by third hour. Neither one of us ever seriously apologizing, just simply promising to do better the next time. Basic.

I drive to park in my usual spot. It doesn't actually have my name on it, but my black sedan had been parking there the past two years, therefore it was always open when I arrived.