Part title

After unpacking for which seemed like hours I decided to go for a stroll to see what was around since its been a while.
I put on a black and white suede baseball crop top, ripped black jeans, peep toe boots with a silver block heel and round sunglasses before leaving.

I walk downstairs and see my grandmother sitting on her couch reading her book in piece. I break her concentration by clearing my throat.
"I'm going to go a walk and take everything in, ill be back for dinner, ok?" I asked her watching her look up at me.

"Of course! Ill see you then! I'm making your favourite! Chicken stir fry!" She smiled up at me with so much love it hurts.

"Thank you Grammy! It means a lot, ill see you later, I love you" I kiss her check and walk out the door.

~

I walked down the dirt road towards the town, but I feel like I've been walking for hours, when it's only been 5 minutes. I huff and pull out my phone to see if I had any service. I look down and see 0 bars and I'm tempted to turn back. As I'm about to turn back I see a black car driving towards me. as I'm about to turn back to head towards my grams, the car pulls up and rolls down its window. A girl about my age with long brown hair smiles at me with her straight white teeth making me feel a little safe die to the fact that a random car has pulled over to talk to me.

"Hey I'm Elena! do you need help or?"
she introduced herself with a golden smile, pulling me towards her.

"Hello, I'm Raine, and I'm okay, I was heading into town, but it's going to take far to long, especially in these heels" I chuckled pointing down to my feet.

She looks down and laughs before shaking her head. "Jump in! I won't bite! I'm just heading to the mystic grill in town to meet a few people, come join us, you look new around here."

"Thank you so much, I would love to join you" I walked around the car and got in the front seat.
I told her about how I just got her about 5 hours ago and how my parents sent me here and I don't know why, but that I'm living with my gramma. After that we just chatted the full way, no awkwardness at all.

~

We pulled into a Parking space down town and I got out and looked around seeing a church tower, the town centre/park and people everywhere, chatting and laughing, communicating with everyone. I'm not going to lie, I found it intimidating, everyone knowing everyone. I felt like an outsider, everyone looking at me weirdly, but it's probably just because they don't get a lot of new people here, even though I did used to live here 9 years ago.

We walk into the grill and i instantly get hit in the face with the familiar smell of coffee, musk and alcohol mixed together and I love it. I smile and follow elena to a table at the back where I see 3 heads.

"Hey guys, I brought a friend, this is Raine. Raine this is Stefan: my boyfriend, this is Jeremy: my brother and this is Bonnie: my best friend and brothers girlfriend. And no it is not weird." Elena pointed at each one of them and laughed at her sarcastic joke.

I smiled at each one of them and said hello before taking a seat in-between Stefan and Jeremy. They all made me feel welcome and before we know it were crying from laughter and a joke Jeremy told.

"What's so funny guys?" I heard a smooth voice say from behind me. Everyone sobers up and looks up behind, but I don't want to just turn around so I look at the table.

"Nothing Damon, why don't you join us?" Stefan says smiling up at some 'Damon' guy.

"Sure, I mean if that's okay with you guys?" I could hear the sarcastic tone in his voice as he pulls up a chair and squeezes between Elena and Bonnie.