Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

As we left the parking lot of Six Flags, I wondered what else I could put on the list.

“Hey mom,” I started, “what are a BUNCH of things that I’m afraid of?”

“Well you definitely hate going to the zoo.” My mom replied.

“Okay, that could work.” I say to myself.

I got out my phone and texted my best friend Sophie. I was definitely not going to the zoo with my parents.

Dangit, I think, over-analyzing this whole situation. Why in the hell would anyone hate the zoo?

Oh that’s right. When your parents take you to the zoo when you’re only one year old and lets a monkey hold you.

What is wrong with them?

*

Sophie said she could come and said we should go when I get home.

Maybe I was jumping to conclusions, maybe I shouldn’t do this.

No, I pushed that thought out of my head. I could do this. I thought that over and over in my head.

*

Once Sophie and I got to the zoo, I calmed down a bit. This should be fun. I should make it fun.

“I think we should go to the tortoise exhibit and like pet one!” Sophie said excitedly.

“Oh, uh, okay, I’d be down with that.” I replied, not as excited as she was.

Once we got to the tortoise the instructor was there and already helping another smaller girl out.

Sophie motioned for me to come closer. I did as she told me to.

The instructor told us to come even closer and also told us to softly stroke the shell.

 “Do you have any idea how old he is?” I asked the instructor.

“He’s definitely over 50 years, we don’t really know because someone donated him, but tortoises can be over 100 years old, so this guy still has a while to go.” She said politely.

“Wow,” I said, that was amazing on how some animals out-last humans. I can’t believe I had missed out on this amazing experience.

*

“See the zoo isn’t so bad!” Sophie said.

“Yeah, I guess it isn’t now.” I replied shrugging.

“Why are you so interested in doing all these things now?” Sophie asked.

“Well, uh, I wanted to have the best care-free summer ever before I go off to college,” I started, telling her my exact plans, “so I created a to-do list.”

“That’s brilliant!” Sophie exclaimed.

“Really?” I ask, flabbergasted that she actually like the idea.

“Yeah! I totally agree that we should make our summer before college exciting!” She said.

“Do you want to join me in my journey to have the best summer ever?” I asked.

She smiled, “Of course!”

We walked off to her car, whilst sharing ideas of things we could accomplish.

She thought of another thing we could do today: cliff diving.

*

After we had gotten our swimsuits and towels from our houses, we were off to the lake to cliff dive.

All of this excitement in one day, I don’t think I can handle it.

*****

To Do List:

2. Go to the Zoo

3. ‘Pet’ an Animal

************

Heyyy, upload? I think yess :)

Got on the Watty Awards 2011 list, What's Hot list, and Teen Fiction list! WOW!

Song of the chapter: The Beach, All Time Low because they're going to the lake next chapter!

Make sure to VOTE!