Where Do I Belong?

1

Nathan

"Nathan! You son of a bitch!" The next thing I know is that I'm being shoved and toppling over the back of the couch and smashing into the coffee table, breaking it in half.

I stood and brushed off the pain. "Clair! What the fuck?!" I shouted at my current girlfriend, though I can tell I'm going to be single once more.

"I can't stand your shitty attitude anymore!" She screamed at me. "I'm sick and tired of giving you all my love and you never give me anything in return! Don't you love me?!"

"No!" I retaliated. "You're needy! You're selfish! You're a slut! You care about no one but youreslf! Get out of my house! Pack your things and get out! I never want to see you again!"  She huffed and stormed off to my room. The door slammed and she let out an outraged shriek. Something fell to the floor and broke. Maybe my lamp, but I can always get a new one.

A few minutes later, she streaks out of my room with five bags full of nothing but her clothes and shoes. I blocked her path. "Give it." She bared her teeth at me and reached into one of her many bags and pulled out a wad of cash. "The other one, too." She growled and gave me my other stash.

"Now, I want you gone." She roughly pushed past me and slammed my door shut to my apartment. I listened to the sound of her heels stomp down the stairs. Finally! I was wondering how long she would stay with me. Yes, my attitude is indeed shitty, but I can't help it. I used to be this nice kid who always listened to his parents, until they got into a heated argument that they just wouldn't let go for ten years.

Because of that, I tried to pull their attention from fighting all the time, but that only ended in violence. When I was fifteen, I dropped out of school and rented an apartment. I lied about my age and was able to move in within a week, practically running away from home; but they didn't notice. They don't care anymore. That was a year ago.

Now, I'm finishing my classes online, but it gets boring. I have to force myself to focus. Which is pretty hard when you have a needy, greedy girl living in your house. I'm staying off girls for a while now.

I ran my hand through my hair and looked at my broken coffee table. Now I need a new one. I placed my stash of cash in a dark jar and placed it in my into my cupboard. See, I save that cash for a rainy day; I gather my money from fighting in bars. You know how they have those under ground rings and everything? Yeah, I go there to get money and relieve stress.

I grabbed my worn out jacket and locked the door on my way out. The weather's nice and all, but I kinda wish it would rain. I walked around town and found my favorite bar where I fight all the time. I found the guy who runs the opperation. "Hook me up with a class one fight, please." I told the guy.

He gave me a tight smile. "Need money to bail your friend out of jail again?" He teased.

I shook my head. "Nah, man. My ex-girlfriend broke my coffee table."

"Another ex to add to the list? Whatever. Get changed." I walked to the back and changed into black basketball shorts and a form fitting white tank top. After slipping on regular black tennis shoes, I wrapped my hands up and headed out to the ring. I waited for my turn to come up.

Finally, "Ladies and gentlemen! Our returning champion, Hopper will be facing a new comer." Yeah, stupid name. But he gave it to me because I came in here for the first time, I was complaining how I had lost my fifth girlfriend to, yet again, my attitude. He recommended that I fight to help relieve stress. "Our new challenger is Topaz Fire and she looks ready to go!" She? I stepped into the ring and saw a girl with golden locks tied into a tight pony tail. I found out why she was called Topaz Fire; her eyes are a striking topaz color.