Chapter 2

2

Nathan

Bella is a really nice girl. She's helped me in so many ways. I've actually gotten a head in my online classes and I'm free for a whole week. What to do in my spare time...?

Bella was suddenly next to me on my couch. "I'm going out to lunch with some friends. Wanna come?"

I shrugged. "Sure." It's just a bunch of girls, how bad could it be? We got into my car and she gave me directions to the restaurant. It was one of those old time diners with the checkered floor and round tables. She gave the name Raedwulfe and we were led to a table.

"Mommy! When's Bella gonna be here!" A whiny voice complained. "I'm hungry!"

"Onai, be patient!" A stern voice answered. "Here she is now." And there at the table was Topaz Fire, her husband, and two kids.

Bella sat next to Topaz and they gave a slight hug. "Hi, Bella. How are you?" She asked.

Bella smiled. "I've been great. Colorado is amazing. Best of all, it's so much better without him." Who's him?

Topaz nodded. "I bet it is. Hopper! It's so nice to see you agian. Sorry I beat you the other day."

I huffed and sat in the open seat next to Topaz's husband. He stuck out his hand. "I'm Dustin." I took his hand and nodded. Why did I agree to come? Do I really have to be here?

The waitress came up to our table. "Hi, everyone! My name's Kathy and I'll be your server. Can I start you out with-" Her eyes landed on mine and I looked away. I really just came to the restaurant with her?! Kathy was one of my previous girlfriends. She shook her blond locks. "S-sorry. I spaced out there. Drinks?"

We gave her our choices and she wrote them down. "Alright! I'll be back shortly." I caught a stiff glare from Kathy before she walked off. I sighed heavily, knowing this was going to be one awkward lunch.

"So," I lifted my gaze to Bella. "Do I sense something between you two?" She jerked her head in the direction of Kathy.

I gave a firm nod. "She's my ex."

"I see." Then she engaged in a lengthy conversation with Topaz. I turned to Dustin

"So, are you from around here?" I asked, trying to make small talk. He seemed to be in his mid-thirties and I'm only sixteen; what do I say?!

He shook his head. "No, we're not."

"Where you from?"

"Not from anywhere you'd know." The fuck kind of answer is that?!

"I see." Just chill, Nathan.

"Hopper!" I turned to face a girl with beautiful golden hair like her mother's. "Do you like Colorado? This is my brother's my first time here!"

I gave a kind smile. She's so cute! "Colorado's alright."

She tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

"I've been here for a while and it's not the best." I responded. "I personally wish I could move to a different state."

"Why?" Her brother asked.

Just then, Kathy came back and handed out our drinks. I checked mine thoroughly before I drank from it. You never know what she could have done out of revenge. "Are we all ready to order?" We gave her our order for food and she went off to give it to the chef.

"Why?" The boy asked again.

"Why wh- oh. Well, personal reasons, really." I leaned back in my chair. Can I just go now?