Chapter 1

Many years later - January 12

Bam!

The sound of the doors slam open

"JACKEL!"

You cringed as your name was called out. Turning around you stare at the man in front of you.

"What do you want this time Auster[1]?"

"What do I want this time?! What I want to know was what on earth where you thinking?! Yo-"

"I was thinking that if I wanted to get a rope and tie you to a chair and tape your mouth."

"Why you-!"

"Come on Auster, cut me some slack will you? Nearly everything bad happens in the castle you always come rushing to me, blaming everything on me"

"Because you were the one who did it!"

"And?"

"And?! You have any idea how dangerous it is to set off out into the forbidden forest at night?! You could've died!"

Rolling you eyes at the red-head, you gave a brief scan over him.

Red tousled hair.

Golden eyes.

Knight armor.

Simple guy with a major short temper while you simply wore a , , with a belt holding your mini knives and .

Every since your village was burnt down into ashes you were brought into the castle to live. Considering how nice the King was with his bratty, spoiled Queen you were forced to stay in his castle as best of being the last surviving person from that village.

The Jacks Village

Hence gaining the role name 'Jackel', but of course you have nothing against the name but you hated when 'certain' people say it. For example Auster Ace, The King's Ace from the Ace village. His former name was Xavus[2] something. Not that you really bothered remembering it since barely anyone in the castle uses their real name only role names. Sighing as you kept hearing the red head saying you role name everytime he lectures you.

"Auster really. Shut up. What is that you need?"

As he calmed down from his lecture "The Queen summons us to the throne room at once."

Nodding you walked towards the main hall with Auster.

"Do you have any idea why she want us summoned?"

"Only heard a bit, that the Queen found something very unique and wanted to show everyone"

Mumbling under your breathe "What a show off."

Rising an eyebrow you stare at him while walking but shook it off. As you both arrive in front of the huge throne room doors you breathe through your nose and out through your mouth. Seriously you need so major rest ever since you went to the forbidden forest. The creaks of the huge door opened revealing the appearance of the King and Queen. Both you and Auster went to middle of the room bow your respects.