Chapter 5

"Who's the hottie dropping you off?"

Abby jumped, startled by Megan's voice. "God, Megan! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Abby pushed away from the door she'd just closed and turned to face Megan. "I didn't even think you'd still be here."

Megan was wearing a robe and had her hair wrapped in a towel. "I'm just getting ready to go. Isaac's picking me up at eight thirty, so I've still got almost an hour." She narrowed her brown eyes at Abby. "Don't dodge the question. Who's the hottie?"

Abby rolled her eyes. "I'm not dodging anything. That was Lance." Abby flopped down on the couch, putting her feet up on the coffee table and pulling a throw pillow into her lap.

Megan crossed her arms and stared Abby down. "And how do we know Lance?"

"I met Lance at the party last night. Why? Do you know him?"

Megan shook her head. "No. He looks familiar, though."

"Maybe you've seen him in the business building? He said he was a marketing major."

"Was a marketing major?" Trust Megan to pick up on verb tenses. It must come from working as a tutor during the school year.

"Yeah, he just graduated."

Megan sat down, looking thoughtful. "Maybe. What else do you know about him?"

"Umm, he's working as a marketing intern over the summer and then he's going back to Texas in the fall."

"Hmm ... anything else?"

Abby closed her eyes and thought back over their conversations. "Uh, he doesn't know how to do laundry?" Megan's eyebrows shot up, but she didn't interrupt and Abby kept talking. "Oh, he said he had a football scholarship, so I guess he played football."

"He's from Texas, he just graduated, and he played football." Megan paused scrunching her face while she thought. Then her face cleared and her eyes gleamed with excitement. "Oh my God! Do you mean Lance Kane?"

"Uh, maybe? He didn't tell me his last name."

"You're kissing some guy on our doorstep and you don't even know his last name?"

"Like you're one to talk. I walked in on you and Isaac doing more than that last week." It was Abby's turn to narrow her eyes. "Were you spying on me or something?"

Megan shrugged. "I heard something outside so I glanced out my window. You were kissing. So, was that your first kiss? How was it? Is he as good a kisser as the rumors say?"

Abby threw the pillow in her lap at Megan. "Really? I have to tell you the details?"

Megan threw the pillow back. "Yes, you do. It's only fair. I tell you all about my exploits."

"But I don't ever ask. You just volunteer that information."

Megan made a dismissive noise in her throat. "Whatever. You know you want to know, even if you won't admit it. So, c'mon! Fill me in."

"Fine. Our first kiss was in the car. The one you saw was the second kiss. Or maybe the third. I think technically he kissed me twice in the car."

"Oooh, a parking lot make out session. Was there tongue?" Megan wiggled her eyebrows.

"Well, you could hardly call it making out if there weren't any tongue, could you?"

Megan cackled in delight. "I'm going to take that as a yes. So, how was it?"

Abby smiled. Megan butted in before Abby could actually answer. "That good, huh?"

Abby laughed. "Yeah, that good."