Chapter 6

Lou's POV:

When she sent me that text, I knew something was wrong. I saw her open up her window and jump out, and I almost opened up my door and ran over to her to make sure she was okay when she got up and ran to the passenger side of the car.

"Lou, please go. NOW," she ordered. I looked over at her concerned and stepped on the gas. I kept glancing over at her, truly worried. She looked broken.

She had a bruise just above her brow, one on her cheek, and her lip was slightly busted. Seeing her like this pained me. I needed to know what happened.

"Anna? Babe can you please tell me what this is about?" I asked.

"Can we talk about this later? Please? Just give me a little while to settle down... then I'll explain," she said, as she sighed. I nodded and looked at the road, dropping it. For now.

As we pulled into the driveway, I remembered what I was going to do before.... that happened.

"Lou? Are you okay?" she said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I thought of how to reply, before saying, "Yeah, I'm fine... it's just... never mind."

"What is it Lou?" she inquired.

I took a deep breath and gathered up the courage to tell her. "Before that happened, I was going to pick you up and ask you something... but I might as well do it now. Anna, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked, praying that she would say yes.

She looked down at her hands, staying quiet. After a few more minutes, she spoke up. "Of course I will Lou," she answered, smiling. I let a smile slip onto my face, and tried not to let my excitement show, but I'm pretty sure she could see right through my act. Oh, well.

I started to lean over to give her a hug, but then had another idea. I turned around and opened the door, running over to her side.

I opened up her door and unbuckled her. "Lou, what are you- do I even wanna know?" I just laughed and reached down to pick her up from the seat. She giggled as I did this, which made me smile even more, of course. Her laugh is contagious.

As I set her back down, I laced my fingers with hers. It just felt so right.

She was finally mine.

Anna's POV:

Our hands fit perfectly together. I smiled up at him and saw that he was already looking down at me the same way.

After a few hours of cuddling on the couch and watching Pitch Perfect, Lou decided to ask me about what happened.

I was surprised at first, because one minute we were laughing and quoting the movie, and the next, he wanted to go into a deep conversation.

I could trust him right? "Of course, he's your boyfriend silly!" part of me thought. Well, I guess it's now or never.

"Lou? I'm just warning you in advance okay?"

He nodded and started tracing circles on my hand with his thumb.

"It all began when I was about four. I witnessed my dad abusing my mum, and I was too young to do anything but try and hide from him. Of course I knew that he was hurting her, but I was always scared of him, and I still am.... One night they got into a huge fight, which led to my mum storming out the door and leaving us. While she was running, she went to cross the street and didn't see the car coming quickly towards her," I was in tears by now, even though I hadn't exactly gotten to the worst part yet.

"Babe it's okay, if you don't want to finish right now you don't have to," Lou said, holding me close to him.

"No, I need to finish," I said, as I sat up and continued my story.

"When my dad found out that he lost his punching bag, he went crazy. Started drinking more. Coming home late at night or early in the morning from the bar, drunk off his ass. Then he would come find me... he would take his anger out on me.

"I met Megan in second grade. She helped me get through a lot. But every time I came home from school, I knew what was waiting for me. It got worse by middle school, around seventh or eighth grade. Physically, mentally, emotionally.... and sexually.

"Megan found out when she came over one time to surprise me. She found me lying at the bottom of the staircase. I had refused to go to the hospital, so she made me stay with her and explain everything. She has helped me get through this, but that doesn't mean that he's stopped.

"When you came by today, I was thankful. My dad was at it again, extremely drunk and pissed off. Lou I- I don't know what would have h-happened if you d-didn't come by t-today," I finished, not even bothering to hold in my sobs anymore.

I was curled up in his arms with my face pressed against his chest while he was trying to comfort me.

"Baby girl... I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I don't see who could ever harm you. I promise to protect you and make sure that nothing ever happens to you like that ever again. I promise to always keep you safe."

I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes and could see that he was telling the truth.

"Thank you.... really," was all I could say. Before I knew it, our foreheads were almost touching. My heart was racing as he slowly closed the distance before his lips ghosted over mine.

Our lips connected and- as cliche as this may sound- I felt sparks fly. It was soft and sweet. I broke off and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, and he wrapped his arms around me protectively.

Here, in his arms, I felt the safest I've ever been. "I promise to always keep you safe...." those seven words kept running through my head.

Somehow I knew that he was telling the truth.

----------------

It's been about a week since Lou and I started dating, and my bruises had pretty much healed. We haven't told anybody about our relationship yet, except of course the boys and their girlfriends.

The day after we had that talk, he had asked me to move in with him to get away from my father. Of course I had said yes. We still haven't gone back to get my stuff.

My stomach growled and I quietly laughed at myself before looking to see if Louis had woken up yet.

I attempted to silently climb out of bed without Lou noticing, but his arm tightened around my waist preventing me from leaving the bed.

"Where do you think you're goin, missy?" he asked, still half asleep. I giggled and laid back down beside him, but turned around so I could see his face.

"I was just going to go clean up a bit and make breakfast silly, care to join?" I asked with a smile.

"Hmm... okay," he responded sleepily as he slowly rolled out of bed. I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room and into the kitchen.

After breakfast, we pretty much just stayed in our pyjamas and cuddled and watched movies all day. No interruptions.

It was absolutely perfect.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hiya! So I wrote this on my mobile so I have no idea how long this chappie is.... sorry if it's short. AGAIN. Sigh. Anyway... wasn't that cute? Tell me whatcha think in the comments:) Until the next chapter! See ya;)