Keywords and Loopholes

"Open up, Hagrid!" Harry shouted, knocking on the door of Hagrid's hut.

There was a thumping-banging sound from inside and a moment later the door opened wide. Hagrid came out, arms wide. "Harry!" he shouted, enveloping Harry right into his chest, and squeezed him tight. "'ow've yeh been then?"

"Been alright," Harry replied, his voice pitched from the pressure being put on his rib cage. "Better if I could breathe, though," he added.

"Sorry, sorry," Hagrid said, putting Harry down gently. "Whatter yah doin' here? and at this hour?" Then his eyes moved through the crowd of faces behind Harry in the dark and he realized there was quite a crowd. "Ron! And 'ermione, too!" he cried out. "And Ermalene, yeh're back from the Hall o'Ancestors?"

"Ermalene's back?" Andy's voice carried from inside the hut. "Oi! How'd it go Erma?!"

"Wonderfully!" she called over the shoulders of everyone in front of her.

Ron glanced back across the grounds, to the glowing headmistresses' window. "P'raps we should go inside before we all catch up?" he suggested.

"Oh righ' right'," Hargrid said, stepping back, "C'mon in ev'rybody." He waved his arm for them to go ahead into the cabin.

Andy was sitting at Hagrid's giant table, looking like a little kid with his legs unable to touch the floor on a chair big enough to sit both him and Ermalene - which she proved a moment later by climbing up next to him while the adults all hugged and greeted each other. Andy took her hand, "How'd the Hall of Ancestors go?"

"Unbelievable," Ermalene said in a whisper.

"Did you find your family?" Andy asked, eyes wide.

But before Ermalene could tell him what happened, Harry said, "We need to get going. I just wanted to make sure Ermalene got into your care and would be safe, Hagrid."

"O'course she's safe --" Hagrid started, but Ermalene's trill broke across him.

"What do you mean by that!"

Harry had already turned to the door, followed by Ron and Hermione. "I mean that you're going to stay here with Hagrid," Harry said.

Andy looked confused, "Where else would she be going?"

"To save my father!" Ermalene shouted, standing up from the chair, "Which is where they're going!"

"Yes but, Ermalene, it isn't safe," Hermione pleaded, "We'll bring him right back here as soon as we've saved him, we promise!"

Ermalene shook her head, "I didn't come all the way to London just to look at a tapestry and not do anything about what it says. I want to help find my father."

Harry took a deep breath, "Look, you're too young for going into situations like this. You're only seventeen."

Ron looked up sheepishly, "Uhh.. mate... we were only seventeen... when we... you know... took on the Dark Lord and all his Death Eaters."

"That was completely different!" squeaked Hermione.

"How?" Ron asked.

"Because we - we were - you were - I - because --" Hermione spluttered, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Yes?"

"Because Harry was the Chosen One," Hermione said finally, pointing at Harry.

Harry looked at Ron, "Are you saying you want us to bring along your Great Nephew and his girlfriend?"