/ prologue /

jacey

"Jacey, come on! His friends are gonna be there!" My best friend begged, tugging my wrist.

"Addie, these things never end well. I'm socially awkward! I have fricken social anxiety disorder! I'm going to make a fool of myself in front of your boyfriend and his friends! I'm not up for that." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"They're not gonna care. They're all really sweet and you can't say no, because I'll will kidnap you and shove you in the car." She threatened.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "I will hit you with a brick."

"A brick isn't a weapon." Adele smugly replied, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Would you like to hit you with a brick? I think not."

"Just get in the car."

"You owe me." I hissed, shuffling my feet to her silver Mercedes Benz.

/ /

Twenty minutes later, I'm standing in front of four six food giants. Literally. Tallest people I've ever met. Adele went with her boyfriend - Mike, I think she called him - and was standing next to him, leaving me awkwardly freaking out in my mind.

Suddenly, she remembered I was there, and introduced me to the giants.

"Jace, this is Luke, Ashton, Calum, and Michael. Guys, this is Jacey."

"Hi Jacey!" They were sure enthusiastic, while I just muttered out a "Hey."

"Was that hi or hey?" Ashton asked me, walking towards a bit.

"Ash, does it really matter? You're scaring the poor girl." Luke - or was it Lewi, I think it was Luke - asked, slapping his arm lightly.

My pupils dilated and my vision became fuzzy and all I could register was the fact that I was having a panic attack. My knees faltered me as I dropped to the floor, salty tears brimming in my eyes.

"Adele, what's going on?"

"She's having a panic attack. Mike, call 9-1-1."

"ADELE WHAT DO WE DO?"

"Calm down. Jace, you're going to be fine. I'm so sorry for making you come I know you don't do well on social situations."

"What do you mean?"

"She has Asperger Syndrome and Social Anxiety Disorder."

I didn't know who was saying what, all I knew was that this - this wasn't good.

dedicated to deputyjparrish BC she writes some rad ass stories

fly away | aiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara