Chapter 3 - Fresh/man

"Mom I can't find her," a boy said, entering his house and locking the door behind him.

"Who are you?" Adela asked him. He didn't answer. Didn't even flinch. He walked over to the light switch for the outside light, flipping it off. "Mom?" He called again. He walked towards the stairs about to turn off the foyer light and paused. He looked over at Adela but didn't seem to notice her.

"Hello?" She said, looking back at him. When he looked back at the stairs she lost it. "Answer me!" She screamed. The boy gave no indication that he saw or heard her.

"I'm going to bed," he called, sounding uneasy. He flipped off the light and slowly walked up the stairs, Adela right behind him.

When he got too the second floor he walked towards what Adela decided must be his room. He stopped, looking right through her again, towards an open door.

"You really can't see me, can you?" She asked, not expecting a response. He turned towards his room, walking in and slamming the door. Adela tried to follow but instead she walked right through the wall. Yes, through the solid wall.

She looked at the guy. He was in bed, about to shut off his lamp when he looked down. There was some kind of reddish substance on it. He leaned over the bed and looked underneath.

"Oh, hey you," he said in a happy tone. "What are you doing under there?" He grabbed the lamp on his bedside table and leaned back over the bed, shining the light under. Adela got on her hands and knees to see what he was so friendly with.

It was a cat. And upon closer inspection she saw that it was covered in blood. So did the guy apparently, because he jumped off of his bed.

Adela heard screaming. Not like screaming on TV or yelling in anger, this was different. It was blood curdling. It sounded like someone was bludgeoning someone else to death. The guy also seemed to hear it. He ran to his door and flung it open, stepping out.

Adela saw a dark figure walking in the next hall. He was holding a bloody tomahawk. The guy gasped, practically jumping into his room and locking the door. The tomahawk came flying at it, burying its self in the door. The guy ran to his bathroom and slammed that door shut as well.

He was rummaging through drawers when Adela came through the wall. She was feeling a strange sense of dread come over her. She felt like she should help but she couldn't pick anything up. When she put her hand on the panicked guy's arm, it passes through.

She couldn't worry about that now though. She needed to get out of here. She heard the slow steps of the tomahawk man walking towards the bathroom door. A second later, the door knob started to twist. When the door didn't open, Adela sighed with relief. That is, until a deep, dark, inhuman voice spoke from the other side.

"Hello Sean. I just killed your family."

Adela looked over that the guy, Sean. He looked upset.

"Do you want to die like them?" The voice said again. "Begging for your life? Or do you want to fight? I'll give you some help. Wrap a towel around your fist, smash the mirror. Use one of the shards to defend yourself. Go ahead. I'm waiting."

Adela watched as Sean wrapped his hand in a towel. He looked at the mirror for a few seconds, debating.

"Are you ready Sean? Because here I come," the voice stated. Glass shattered, and the door flew open a second later. But Sean was already gone. Apparently, her would rather jump out of a window and run than fight.