Chapter 4

I groaned softly as my back was killing me. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Coach Crabtree, Liam, and Harry.

Coach Crabtree shined a flashlight in my eyes. "Do you know who you are?"

"Yes. I'm Alicia Isabella Grant."

"Do you know where you are?"

"Last time I checked, I was in gym class."

"Do you know what happened?"

"I was climbing the rope and I fell. By the way, I don't have any ringing in my ears. I don't feel dizzy or nauseous. My head doesn't hurt, it's just my back." Harry and Liam looked at me curiously. "I've had concussions before."

I went to stand up, but slowly. Both boys grabbed my arms to steady me. Liam glared at Harry and Harry just glared right back. I could tell that it was not only the usual animosity between them. It was something way more. If you weren't familiar with either boy, you wouldn't know.

I could tell exactly what happened. When I fell, both boys rushed to me. Liam didn't understand what Harry was doing. Harry was jealous that Liam came to save me, but didn't say anything.

"You know, it doesn't help when you guys want to kill each other." I said.

~~~~~~~

I was cleared to play the game. I'm hanging out with Harry now, because Liam said he was going to check on something.

I also found out that my parents aren't coming to my game because they went to Africa with Brittany. So right now I'm the only Grant in Britain.

Harry was constantly looking at me. I didn't understand why. He just had a look like he was worried. "I don't have a concussion." I assured him.

"Okay." He said. He put his hands on my hips and pulled me close. He nuzzled my neck and I smiled.

"You were really worried, weren't you?" He pulled back and looked me directly in the eyes.

"Whenever you aren't in my sight I worry about you." He whispered. He kissed me roughly on the lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with the curls on the back of his head. I tugged on them gently, earning a soft moan from him.

His tongue flicked across mine. I wrestled his tongue for a moment, and I could feel him smirk. He sucked on my tongue, and I moaned. He pulled out slightly, but then bit my lip. He tugged on it and I moaned louder. He pulled away completely, smirking.

"Dammit you sure know how to kiss." I muttered.

"And you know how to turn a guy on."

"You like when I pull on your curls?" I asked, smirking. He nodded. "I'll have to remember that."

~~~~~~~~~

We won the game! I'm at the ice cream store, with the boys, getting an ice cream cake to celebrate.

"You did so well." They kept telling me. I smiled softly as I excitedly waited for my cake. Liam's hand slid into mine.

I felt the pang of guilt I had felt earlier. I could never look at him the same way again. I could never feel the same way again.

I started to withdraw my hand, the guilt starting to overwhelm me. But Liam put an arm around me and the guilt slowly faded away.

It hasn't even been a full day and I needed a detox from Harry.

I wonder if this is what drug users feel like. Like they're happy as long as they're using and the feel bad about using until the next time they do. I don't feel guilty when I'm with Harry. I don't feel like it's wrong. But as soon as I'm with Liam I feel like the worst person in the world. I feel like no matter what I do, I'll always be bad.

~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since then. The whole 'detox' thing didn't work as I thought. I was able to stay away from him for one whole day. And that's only because I went to London with the boys.

I hang out with Liam on the weekend, and Harry on the weekdays after school. I told Liam that my parents wanted me to stay with him since he and Brittany are dating. He believed me.

I walked past my house just a minute ago, on my way to the CD store. I noticed that there was a car in the driveway and the lights were on. I walked up to the house and went inside, only to be greeted by the one person I didn't expect.

Brittany.

"Hey Ali." She said, clearly depressed about something.

"What are you doing back from Africa so soon?"

"You know how mom and dad came with me?" I nodded. "They aren't coming back." She said, tears leaking from her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked, but I already knew the answer.

My parents are dead.

___________

[A/N] Sorry it was so short. But let me know what you think.