Chapter One: Jade's Unfortunate Circumstances

Jade had a boring life. Well, boring according to her. Most people wouldn't call their life "boring" if they had magical powers and an evil ice queen for a mother. But Jade was not most people. She was named after her mother, Jadis, who thought herself completely worthy of ruling the world. She kept her reign by keeping Narnia in an eternal winter with no Christmas, and turning to stone those who opposed or even disagreed with her. This did not even exclude Jade, who would most certainly be stone-ified if she had voiced her wish to join Aslan's side, or her opinion that her mother was a cruel, ruthless woman, completely unqualified to rule a country. Jade may have inherited her mother's white hair and pale skin, but she had not inherited Jadis' black eyes or her wickedness. The girl's eyes were of pure blue. She would have run away to join Aslan's army by now, being quite capable of surviving in the wilderness due to her magic (which was channeled through her most valuable possession: a long, thin, silver wand, covered in a light layer of frost), but could not have gotten a quarter of a mile away before her mother's pack of bloodthirsty wolves would catch up to her and rip her to pieces mercilessly. Jade was a kind girl. When Jadis would capture and throw someone in the dungeon, Jade would sneak down to them with food, and do her best to comfort them in their last hours before getting turned to stone. But still, like most females, Jade could turn into a beast when provoked or when someone she loved was hurt. Of course, Jade did not love anyone just yet. But that, and the rest of her life, was going to change. All because of a boy named Edmund Pevensie.

Sorry that it's so short! I'll try to write another chapter!