Chapter Two: Son of Adam

(A/N:When the witch talks, she talks like she does in the movie. Slowly and dramatically. If you read it like that, I promise her lines will sound a lot better)

Jade was practicing her freezing spells when her mother burst through the doors of the training room. "Good news! I've found one of the sons of Adam, and convinced him to bring his siblings to this castle. I'll have all four of them killed quickly, and-" she scoffed. "Aslan's little prophecy will be destroyed." Jade clenched her jaw, but forced a wicked smile onto her face. "Very well, mother. May I be there when the son of Adam brings his family? I should like to see the so-called heroes before they die." "Certainly, Jade." Her mother turned on her heel and strutted from the room, a triumphant smirk on her face. Jade sighed. What should she do? She couldn't just let them sons and daughters of Adam and Eve be killed...but she was no match for Jadis' power...the only hope she could think of was that the boy would come alone. That was only one, and Jade was quite sure that she could rescue one. The question was, could she rescue herself? The next morning, Jade did her long, thick, snow-white hair in a fancy knot at the back of her head. She dressed in a black off-the-shoulder gown with an outer layer of ice crystals. Jadis liked to dress to impress, and wanted her daughter to do the same. She spun around in the mirror, smiling slightly. Just because she was better then most men in combat didn't mean she hated getting dressed up. Biting her lip, she pulled her wand out from its magically invisible hiding place and stowed safely in the pocket of her dress. Just in case, she thought. She walked like her mother had taught her; swinging her hips and holding your head like nothing was worth looking at. She donned an evil smirk and swaggered out of the room. When she reached the throne room, there was someone already in there, but it wasn't Jadis. The son of Adam has come alone! Jade thought joyfully as she examined the stranger (who was unaware of her presence) from afar. He had black, slightly messy hair, deep brown eyes, and skin that was quite as pale as her own, though she assumed that was from the cold. He walked up to the throne and sat in it. Jade immediately grew concerned for him; her mother was already going to be mad at him for not bringing the rest of his siblings. Sitting in her throne was just going to make it worse. She just hoped that he would get up before-"Do you like it?" A cold voice asked from next to Jade. Too late. The son of Adam looked over at them in alarm. Jade tried to make her facial expression look like she couldn't care less, when in reality, her brain was going at top speed, trying to think up of some way to get him out of here. "Y-yes-your majesty." He stood up quickly and backed up a bit. "So tell me..." Jadis said in a smooth voice. "Are your sisters deaf?" "No." the boy answered. Jade prayed that her mother's wrath wouldn't be too great.  "Is your brother unintelligent?" "Well, I think so, but Mum says-" "THEN HOW DARE YOU COME ALONE!?" Jadis boomed. Jade flinched. "No-I brought them halfway here! They're at the beaver's dam!" The witch nodded to the leader of her pack of wolves, and the deadly fleet took off. Inside her head, the girl was desperately begging Edmund not to say any more. On the outside, she appeared quite calm and composed. "C-can I...have some Turkish delight?" The son of Adam said in a rather small voice. Jade took a deep breath as her mother gave orders for the boy to be locked up in the dungeons. She would get him out of here if it killed her. She just had to.