Wait? What?

(Legolas POV)

The ring felt heavy in my pocket all day. It felt as if Aragorn was ignoring me, because whenever we had gotten alone, he would rush off somewhere. I know he is king, but I do want to have a few moments with him. 'Calm down Legolas... Tonight you will ask him in the garden like Elrond told you... Just stay calm...' I shook my head, taking the box out of my pocket. I looked at the ring, the silver band glinting in the sun, the red and white going well together. It brought a smile to my face as I thought of tonight.

"What has you so happy young Legolas?" Gandalf asked, appearing behind me. When his eyes saw the ring, there was a smile on his face. "Is someone going to be asking someone an important question today?"

"Yes," I said, feeling my cheeks heat up a little bit. "I'm asking him in the garden tonight. I thought since we shared our first kiss there, it would be a perfect place to ask him. At least I hope so... He's been ignoring me recently."

"Do not think anything of it," Gandalf said, resting his hand on my shoulder. Gandalf was always a father figure to me, and I have always enjoyed his advice. "Aragorn is the king, and he may be busy. You have to understand that he may be under a lot of stress."

"I understand," I sighed, pushing some of my blonde hair out of my face. "Thank you Gandalf."

"You're welcome Legolas," Gandalf replied with that smile that made his eyes crinkle in such a friendly way. "I wish you luck for tonight." Gandalf winked at me before walking off, leaving me with the ring in my hand.

"Hello Legolas," a low voice said behind me. I turned around to find Aragorn's grey eyes looking at me. Realizing that I had the ring box still in my hand, I quickly shut it and shoved it into my pocket. "Are you alright? You look startled."

"You scared me," I replied, putting a hand over my heart in a dramatic way. Aragorn laughed, wrapping his arms around me and bringing me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. There was a smile on my lips as Aragorn brushed his against mine, moving them softly over mine. We pulled apart, and Aragorn rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you," Aragorn said, kissing my forehead softly.

"I love you too," I replied, holding his hands in mine. "Do you want to go to the garden?"

"I was just about to ask if you wanted to go to the garden," Aragorn said with a laugh. I laughed back, holding onto his hand as we walked towards the garden where we shared our first kiss.

"How has work been? I have not seen much of you recently," I asked biting my lip. I sounded so needy, and almost slightly winey. 'Calm down Legolas... Just get to the garden...' I thought, pushing hair out of my face.

"It has been stressful," Aragorn admitted, giving my hand a squeeze. 'Gandalf was right.' "It will be stressful for a little bit since I am a new king, but things will hopefully quiet down soon."

"I hope so too," I replied, giving his hand a squeeze back. Aragorn smiled at me, his grey eyes sparkling slightly. "Maybe when you have the time, we can go for a ride."

"I would love that," he told me, bringing our clasped hands to his lips, and kissed the top of my hand. We had made it to the garden, and sat on the same stone bench we had our first moment on. We sat in silence for a few moments, and I had no idea how to start.

"Here," I said, going to pick on of the small white flowers and giving it to Aragorn. He smiled, bringing the flower to his nose to smell it.

"Thank you," he said softly, setting the flower down next to him. He brought me into his arms, and kissed me softly on the lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and started to tangle my fingers through his brown hair. His hair was softer than it appeared. Aragorn deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist, and pulling me onto his lap. It felt nice to be in his arms, I felt safe there. This is one thing I loved about Aragorn; he made me feel safe.

We pulled apart for some much needed air, and Aragorn brought a hand up to brush it across my face. His hands were calloused, and they were rough against my smooth skin. "I have something I want to ask you," Aragorn said in a small voice.

"I have something I want to ask you too," I told him, gaining the courage to ask him to marry me.

"Can I go first?" He asked, moving me off his lap, looking into my blue eyes.

"Can I go first?" I asked him, pleading in my eyes. Aragorn sighed, and I looked down at my hands. "Why do we not say it at the same time?"

"That could work," Aragorn said, taking a deep breath. "On the count of three. One... Two... Three..."

"Will you marry me?" We both asked at the same time, pulling out the ring boxes we had in our pockets. "What? Wait? Did you just ask me to marry you?" Aragorn had a silver ring with a forest green stone, and I had my silver ring with the red stone and white diamonds. "Yes! I love you!"

Aragorn put the ring on my finger, and I put the ring on his finger. "Did you go to Elrond for advice?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Yes I did," Aragorn said, smiling.

"That's why he was giving me strange looks when I went to ask him for advice..." I said, looking at the ring on my finger. Aragorn quickly kissed me again, a smile on his lips. When he pulled apart, I ended up on his lap again.

"I love you so much," Aragorn said, giving me another peck on the lips. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him again. We were still in each others arms, not really saying anything for a while.

"I love you too..." I told him.

~~~~~

Author's Note,

Yes guys, I am alive. Sorry it has taken so long to update... I had work, I was in a wedding, and I will be in college soon. I guess I was so focused on my Black Butler story (which you guys should read), and I let this story fall away. I might be ending this story soon, but you guys have given me so much support. I would not have been able to get this far without you guys. Thank you so much! I don't know how many parts there will be after this one, but it might be only three or four, or more, I don't know.

Love, 

Abby